Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wish there were a kill switch on the Kindle.  My mother just called to tell me she was up until 4a reading on her Kindle for the second time this week.  My mom who was diagnosed with cancer a year and a half ago is an avid reader.  Through her illness, there have been several periods where she has stopped reading.  The Kindle has renewed her interest.  But, one of these nights, we are going to have to lock it up! 

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I LOVE IT!!  yes I was yelling  ;D  Heck I am up till 3 many a night reading - it is a good thing  ;D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Let her enjoy it, my favorite time to read is after hours when everyone else is asleep.  Its almost like the whole world belongs to you, its quiet, no interuptions, no nagging worries in the back of your head(cuz you cant do anything about the nags at 2:00AM, so they can wait) Its kind of decadent,  just you and your story, the whole world and all your cares just disappear.  Maybe she feels the same and needs the time to just put it all on hold, and let go.

Or maybe, you just need to get her boring books that she doesn't have the mantra "one more chapter, then I'll go to sleep...one more chapter, then I'll go to sleep...one more chapter, then I'll go to sleep...one more chapter, then I'll go to sleep..." rambling through her head.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
It is a good thing..........till you got to get up for work the next morning.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I also vote no on the lock, but have wished it had a timer to shut it off at a predetermined time. I least that way I would know that I should go ahead and go to sleep.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Teach142 said:
I like the timer idea. Automatic shut off that I can control?
That's my idea, would help me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I told her I would take it home with me at night, but she said that I go home too early for her to read.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
bookfiend said:
Or maybe, you just need to get her boring books that she doesn't have the mantra "one more chapter, then I'll go to sleep...one more chapter, then I'll go to sleep...one more chapter, then I'll go to sleep...one more chapter, then I'll go to sleep..." rambling through her head.
Oh my gosh I thought I was the only one with that mantra running thru my brain :D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Forster said:
It is a good thing..........till you got to get up for work the next morning.
ah but I am retired - I have 7 Saturdays and a Sunday in my week :D :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some times I wake up at odd hours and can not fall back to sleep. I just grab my K2 and read away - sometimes it only takes about 30 mins and some times I just never go back to sleep. It is better to be reading than laying there for hours getting frustrated because you can't fall back to sleep. Read on!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Just don't read In Her Name - it is a definite 2 am read, and you only quit because your eyes won't stay open - a pge turner fur sure  ::)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm glad their isn't a lock on it!  After spending the last couple of days in the hospital with my son, I think I might have gone nuts if I wasn't able to read.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think my husband would gladly pay for a lock.  It seems like the only times that he wants a little face time, I'm in a REALY good part.
"Just let me finish this part, then I'll come in"  1/2 hr later.....

·
Registered
621 Posts
Stay away from my Kindle! ;)

I almost always wake sometime during the night, and, since I have had the good sense to put my Kindle and Mighty Brite light where it can be easily reached, I can then read until I feel sleepy or 7 a.m. comes!

patrisha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts