Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my KINDLE 2 since March and believe it may be the best gift I've ever received.

In the last week I've noticed my device is taking longer and longer to "Wake up".  Up to 30 seconds from the time I slide the switch.

What's going on?

Is there a fix?

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Try resetting the Kindle by holding the on switch for 15-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
You're probably reading a Topaz formatted book.  For whatever reason, they take a LOT longer to wake up from.

Try this:  Switch to another book, one you were reading before this happened.  Put the Kindle to sleep with that book open & and then wake it up to see if the problem reoccurs.  If it does, you might want to call CS.  

But chances are, it won't, it will only happen with the book you're currently reading.  :)  Most of us have had that happen at least once.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Victoria is right, there seems to be issues with Topaz formatted books. I've noticed this a few times, and hopefully this is corrected in future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you,

I'm so crazy over this device that I was really concerned I might have to send it in for repair and have to buy a couple of books to hold me over.

Dave

·
Registered
78 Posts
I noticed it took a long time with one particular book I got at Amazon.  Sent an email to them about it, but never heard back.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
From what I have read here, they (CS) sends you a replacement immediately and you don't have to send the sick one back until you get your replacement, so don' worry about DTBs, and good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts