Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So very early yesterday morning I uploaded my latest book to Amazon. The other books took 6 to 8 hours to go live so I wasn't worried about it, even at 12 hours. But it's been over 24 hours. I've used the contact form to ask them about the process, but they may take 24 hours to respond to the question. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, did your manuscript get bounced back?

·
Registered
465 Posts
My latest release took 36 hours before showing up.

I wasn't the only one who had this length of delay.

That was Jan 31/Feb 1st, so my guess is that the increased delay still applies.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
36 hours  :eek: Thanks, for the info.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'd send a polite email to support. When I do that they always email me back that it's fixed, and auto-magically it is!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MLKatz said:
I'd send a polite email to support. When I do that they always email me back that it's fixed, and auto-magically it is!
I used the contact form is that not the same thing?

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I just hit the publish button last week on several different sites.

KOBO was the winner - 48 minutes to publish.
B&N came in second - 3 hours, 20ish minutes.
Amazon was third - 7 hours +.

One note - I've found assigning ISBN numbers to the ebooks before I publish them seems to speed up the process. I can't prove that, but it sure seems to work.

What was odd about this book (as compared to the eight others) was I never received the typical "congratulations" email from Amazon. If I hadn't been on my author page, I would've never known.

We'll see about iTunes this week.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just received an email from KDP saying that they'll try to find out what's wrong by the 15th.  :eek: If I knew it would take a week I would have moved my schedule around. I was hoping to get the story out for Valentine's Day.  :'(

Oh well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just had this happen to me, though in my case it was because I'd made the story online for free anonymously seven or eight years ago, and explicitly said so in the blurb.  It got hung up In Review for the last few days and just yesterday I got an email from them asking me to explain the situation and provide URLs where it's still available, and I did so.  I thought it was going to get bounced because there's no way I could really establish proof of authorship if I published it anonymously and can't pull it from those sites anymore, but I got the email today saying everything's cool, and it's been moved to Publishing, so I guess they are not as strict about that sort of thing as I was expecting.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
bmcox said:
Just received an email from KDP saying that they'll try to find out what's wrong by the 15th. :eek: If I knew it would take a week I would have moved my schedule around. I was hoping to get the story out for Valentine's Day. :'(

Oh well.
Very odd . . .

·
Registered
440 Posts
bmcox said:
I used the contact form is that not the same thing?
Sorry, I sent that from my phone and it sounds flippant. I also have something stuck, so paybacks are...you know.

Anyway, hopefully the great river will untangle itself one day.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wonder if it's the foreign title and hence 48 hours, or if it's because it's being included in a print anthology, which I have already cleared rights issues with the publishers. If the latter then they could just email me and I respond with our correspondence.

Just have to wait now. This is the first time Kobo beat Amazon to market for me.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MLKatz said:
Sorry, I sent that from my phone and it sounds flippant. I also have something stuck, so paybacks are...you know.

Anyway, hopefully the great river will untangle itself one day.
No worries. Your response didn't read flippant at all.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I uploaded my last one Friday night and it went live Sunday morning. Longest time to date. I just got the email that it was live a couple hours ago--48 hours after going live AND after it's already sold 50 copies. Also weird.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
TexasGirl said:
I uploaded my last one Friday night and it went live Sunday morning. Longest time to date. I just got the email that it was live a couple hours ago--48 hours after going live AND after it's already sold 50 copies. Also weird.
My new versions were going live way in advance of the email over the last couple of days.

·
Registered
366 Posts
It also happens sometimes when you edit a book and upload a new edition or change other information . . . and I do not know if it is random, they decide to review it for longer. Still, it does get published, eventually--and I hope it happens sooner rather than later for you.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's finally up!  :D Email came across overnight (1:45am) and checked it this morning. It's there, but not yet linked to my author page. Hopefully, I won't have difficulty linking it through Author Central. One step at a time.  ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts