Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a while, but I hope to be able to participate in some of the book klubs.

I got my Kindle because I read a lot and had to give up the room that was my library of sorts to make it into a nursery. ;)  There are still books and authors that I feel the need to have the book for, but the Kindle has been great.  I'm a little afraid I'll be spending even more on books since it's so easy.  

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Moeyknight - Congratulations on your nursery!  You will find over time that you will prefer having your books on the kindle, and there are so many free books, or inexpensive books talked about here, the kindle will pay for itself quickly.  I've only had mine for 10 months and already have come out ahead.

Welcome.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
moeyknight said:
I've been lurking for a while, but I hope to be able to participate in some of the book klubs.

I got my Kindle because I read a lot and had to give up the room that was my library of sorts to make it into a nursery. ;) There are still books and authors that I feel the need to have the book for, but the Kindle has been great. I'm a little afraid I'll be spending even more on books since it's so easy.
Welcome, Moeyknight! Congratulations on your Kindle and on the nursery!

We're looking forward to the book klubs, glad you can join us. I see by your avatar, you are a Harry Potter fan. We have lots of HP fans here, in fact our first book club is being led by Gertie, Harry's biggest fan, unless she gets arrested for stalking Daniel Radcliffe first. (Is that restraining order still in place?) ;D

Betsy

Betsy

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Welcome moeyknight!! Sorry...did my occassional taser threats towards lurkers scare you away?

Lurkers!! I don't carry my taser that often...I'm afraid its illegal for me to carry it around. lol. Beside mom doesn't know dad got me one.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome Aboard, MoeyKnight :)

So happy you decide to unlurk and join these boards!

There is lots of fun and learning that goes on here. Look forward to your participation in the book clubs.

I'm starting to think that HP may, just may, be the first book that becomes selected for a book club that is not on the Kindle. ;)

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Moeyknight,

Glad you are here and it's nice to meet you,

-sailor

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, everyone, for the welcome!  I look forward to the first book klub. 

And the nursery is figuratively painted blue.  Literally it's off-white because we left it the way it was before. 

And I might be in the running for the biggest HP (books) fan around here, but Gertie can have DanRad. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts