Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this happen? My book is live, but you can't look inside. Does it sometimes take awhile? I've never had this happen.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Caddy whisper me the book.  But I have read here that sometimes the look inside can lag.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
It may take up to a week. Some of mine took about 10 days, so it give it some time. Did you send the PDF through "Seller Central"?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
One of mine took a week and it was nerve wracking to be sure! Before then, it had always been instant.
When I emailed them, they said it *could* take up to ten days, but it appeared that very day so I can't help think my emailing did something. Ugh, hope yours gets up soon.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yes! My book just went live but the look inside is nowhere to be found  :-[

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just published a book on the 17th and the look inside showed up on day 2, but the previous book I published it took 6 days to arrive.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That really sucks. I've never had it happen before.

·
Registered
642 Posts
SeanDGolden said:
I just did an update last night, but the "look inside" on Amazon still shows the old content. Is there a delay on updating it?
An update on the look inside takes a lot longer than the first time it's posted. I'm waiting for a couple updates. And a paperback look inside update can take weeks.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I published this month and the book was live in hours! But the look inside took days. It will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
613 Posts
On a related topic....

How is that some "Look insides" skip the front matter and go right to the start of chapter one? I don't have a link to an example, but I've come across it several times. Once you enter Look Inside, you can scroll back and see the front matter, but the landing page is the beginning of the text. I assume there must be an XHTML tag or something like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts