Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking on eBay and Amazon itself for a K1 in good condition for a decent price. Those I've seen on eBay go for at least $265, plus shipping. If they go for less, something is wrong. Like no Whispernet or an SD slot that doesn't work. The ones on Amazon are at least $300 when shipping is factored in. I hate to be frugal, but if I were going to go ahead and spend that much, I'd throw in the extra $100 or so and get the K2.

So, if anyone is looking to sell a K1 in good condition (I don't care if there are a few scuffs on the casing, but I can't take scratches on the screen) for around $250 or less, please let me know.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You may also want to check Craigslist where I have seen them for less.  People selling them there don't have to worry about selling fees plus you might find someone local and you can see/test what you are buying.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked Craigslist, and no one near me has one. Well, there was one unopened K1 about 100 miles from me, and they wanted more for it than K2s retail for.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have a kind of off-topic question.  How can a K have no Whispernet?  I thought that was more of a location problem than a K problem. 
deb

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
drenee said:
I have a kind of off-topic question. How can a K have no Whispernet? I thought that was more of a location problem than a K problem.
deb
The Whispernet simply didn't work on it. A software problem, I think.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I see.  Thank you.
deb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts