Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it's finally that time, if anyone is interested. :)

I'm just going to copy and paste what I put on my site: (edited to add - Mind Slide is about 79K words)

Mind Slide is finally ready for beta readers. I'm hoping to get a few more sets of eyes on it before I go through with publishing. I'm just looking for if the novel plain makes sense, dumb typos I might have missed, if the characters work okay, that kind of stuff. If anyone is interested, give me a holler.

I admit, I'm struggling on what the category is. It has a good helping of romance. I'm not sure if it's paranormal (does a fictionalized version of remote viewing classify as paranormal?). It has a bit of mystery and action as well.

Here's the description I plan to put on Amazon:

A random act of nature changed Mason's life forever. He lost his parents on that fateful day, even his memories of them.

But he gained something in return.

Mason has the ability to "mind slide", the ability to project his consciousness. He can be anywhere in the world. Watching. Listening.

Despite being raised in a government lab, Mason has put a life together for himself. He uses his ability to work as a private investigator, specializing in missing children. He even has a crush on a woman.

Kelly tries to put that terrible night behind her. Kidnapped when she was a teenager, she still struggles to overcome the trauma. The details of her rescue were always a little sketchy. It was almost as if someone knew exactly where to find her.

Mason is unlike any man she's ever met. To her surprise, she finds herself caring about him more than she ever thought possible. But he has secrets.

Now someone is following them both, and he wants those secrets.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
This looks like a really cool book.  Yes, definitely can fit in the paranormal category.  When I was in psychic class, remote viewing was one of the exercises we did.

I wish I had time as I would love to read it.  I hope you find someone soon. Is there anyplace else on Kb where you can post a request for one?  I'd find out from the mods, as writers tend to be so stretched time-wise, we might not be your best bet.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. At least the idea sounds cool to someone.  :)

I've seen others ask here.  I figured this would be the best first stop. I'll do some more hunting.

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you're still looking for betas, I'm interested and have the time. It sounds like an awesome story. What time frame are you looking to have it back by?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sounds like an interesting book. I have been looking for the same thing on other sites. Always appreciate an author making the effort to improve their work. But what's the word count? It's always good to post that so people will know what they are getting into before making contact. Are we talking 40,000 words? 120,000 words? It doesn't matter for some people, but for others it really does.

Chris

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, thanks, Christopher, forgot all about word count.  It's 79K words.  I'd like to think of it as a quick read.  :)

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Remember over on RedAdeptReviews in the new forums is a place for people to post about looking for beta readers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts