Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like having a blog for each of my pen names.  I know, I'm weird.  But before anyone flings caustic comments: I LIKE BLOGGING.  I've also been blogging for over two years now so I'm aware of the time commitments.

I wanted to have a blog linked to the pen name I use for my Westerns.  I already have a writing blog under Alain Gomez so I'm not really interested in starting another one of those.  I love serial web fiction but I do a scifi blog with this already so it would be a hard time commitment for me to do two of those.

I was toying with the idea of having the blog be for flash fiction?  Where I could just post flash fiction I've written.  I like writing three sentence stories.  I dunno.  What are some other types of blog themes that come to mind?  Anyone?  I'm really not dead set on anything so I was hoping someone might say something that could spark an idea.

Edited to add:  My reason for wanting to start a blog is to help promo the name.  As of right now I've done nothing to promote the Western pen name and Westerns are hard enough to sell as is  :(

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
3 sentences creeps into micro fiction. Personally I look at flash as 100-1000 words.

But that's just a niggle. Short short short fiction is reasonable fodder for a blog.

But you've highlighted a reason I don't want to deal with pen names. I like writing as me. I decided that after using a pen name for a while. :)

If you're dealing with westerns you might also consider posts about vintage weapons, horses, riding, and frontier life.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mathew Reuther said:
3 sentences creeps into micro fiction. Personally I look at flash as 100-1000 words.
Well it wouldn't always be 3 sentences. I write 5 sentences sometimes too. Point being it takes me forever to put together collections of this stuff.

Mathew Reuther said:
But you've highlighted a reason I don't want to deal with pen names. I like writing as me. I decided that after using a pen name for a while. :)
Honestly, publishing more work under the pen name promos the work pretty well. If I hated blogging I wouldn't even bother. But I like it and I figure some extra internet stuff never hurts.

Mathew Reuther said:
If you're dealing with westerns you might also consider posts about vintage weapons, horses, riding, and frontier life.
I considered this actually. Make posts as I research. My main competition, of course, being Wikipedia lol. But it would still be fun and pretty low maintenance to do.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Alain Gomez said:
I considered this actually. Make posts as I research. My main competition, of course, being Wikipedia lol. But it would still be fun and pretty low maintenance to do.
Well, can't beat Wikipedia. ;)

I think talking about your research sounds relatively sustainable as well. Particularly if you're working on a 10 or 14 day schedule. (Both of which are generally considered "fresh enough" . . .) Can mean that during heavy research times you write a bnch and just space them out.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mathew Reuther said:
Well, can't beat Wikipedia. ;)

I think talking about your research sounds relatively sustainable as well. Particularly if you're working on a 10 or 14 day schedule. (Both of which are generally considered "fresh enough" . . .) Can mean that during heavy research times you write a bnch and just space them out.
True. I also feel like this is the kind of subject material I could update once a month even.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts