Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need someone who can format a long poem in 4-line stanzas for Kindle so that the stanzas don't 'stick' together in clumps.  This Word file was converted from a PDF file by ABBYY software, which introduces spacial anomalies in the Word file.  If you, or someone you know, has experience with this kind of file, please reply to this post or send me a personal message.  Thanks.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hello, I do editing and formatting, but think it best to leave this to a poetry expert. Good luck!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I could do it, depending how long we're talking. It would be between $30 and $50, depending on time involved. If interested, you can send me both the PDF and the Word file. luvfisk at yahoo dot com.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cvwriter said:
I could do it, depending how long we're talking. It would be between $30 and $50, depending on time involved. If interested, you can send me both the PDF and the Word file. luvfisk at yahoo dot com.
I'll keep you in mind, though I don't customarily pay more than $25 for a full length novel. However, this poem might be trickier than prose.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Some CSS if you're inclined to teach yourself.

/* indented formatting for poems and songs */

div.poetry {
  margin: 1em 0 1em 2em;
}
div.poetry p {
  margin: 0;
  padding-left: 3em;
  text-indent: -3em;
  text-align: left;
}
div.poetry p.indented {
  margin-left: 2em;
}
div.poetry p.first {
  margin-top: 1em;
}

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hudson Owen said:
I need someone who can format a long poem in 4-line stanzas for Kindle so that the stanzas don't 'stick' together in clumps. This Word file was converted from a PDF file by ABBYY software, which introduces spacial anomalies in the Word file. If you, or someone you know, has experience with this kind of file, please reply to this post or send me a personal message. Thanks.
If you mean you want blank lines between each stanza, that's easy, and most formatters who don't just put the file into a computer program will be able to do that. If you mean that you want the file so that stanza's don't get broken across pages, that's not possible.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Matthew - CSS is a bit advanced for me now.  I do appreciate your listing the code.

Jason - I realize stanzas must break somewhere.  From what you say, the clumps of stanzas can be avoided by placing a blank line between stanzas.  That's good news.  Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts