Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i was hoping there might be a kindle 2 cover that would make it look like a real book.
I guess if not i can make my own but i'd rather buy one.
thanks guys
1 week till i get my 1st kindle:)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I can understand wanting to make your Kindle appear to be a DTB.

Personally I just ordered an Oberon(Celtic Hounds) the leather will go nicely with my neck. :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Linda:

glad to see someone appreciates my lame sense of humor :p

Back on the OP,  I think I saw a "false book" cover someone had made for themselves but I can't remember if it was here or back in the Darklands of Amazon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found that one online made out of an alphabet book
i think with a leather journal and the light wedge i will make my own
i'll post pics if it works

·
Registered
723 Posts
greyduck said:
Ok i was hoping there might be a kindle 2 cover that would make it look like a real book.
I guess if not i can make my own but i'd rather buy one.
thanks guys
1 week till i get my 1st kindle:)
I think this is a VERY good idea!

Eric

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I went back through several pages of the accessories thread to try to find the person who made one for her K1.  I went back through January posts because I'm pretty sure she posted it recently.  Sorry, I can't find the exact thread. 

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Under Photos...Another Home Crafted Case.  Sorry, I don't know how to make the link.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I saw the one your talking about with the Letters on it.  I think it was an Address book that they used to make the Kindle Cover and then used some wood I think with goldleaf on it.  It was a very cool cover.  I wish I was crafty enough  (and have the patience) to do something like that. 

·
Registered
34 Posts
On the Mobileread forums, in accessories, by poster-Efleiss- he makes covers that look like real books. I don't know if he makes them for K2, but you might take a look!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so i went my own way and made my own case utilizing a missal cover and some stuff called mod podge
i now have the nerdiest kindle 2 case ever
it looks like a comic nerd's dream

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok a couple of firsts
first case and first time posting images
back view

front view

interior

the interior has 2 layers of foam and another foam piece with a pocket cut out so the kindle won't slip out

1 - 20 of 26 Posts