Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the world of Kindle.

In terms of cases for the Kindle, I know most are leather. Why is that? Is it due to the feel? Protection?

Are there any cases offered in aluminum? Where could I find them?
Would aluminum interest anyone, especially if there would be intricate designs pattered on them?

Any help you could offer would be great!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Doesn't aluminum scratch and dent pretty easily? Regardless I wouldn't be interested in a metal or plastic case, but others might be.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
buckeye_guy72 said:
Hello, I'm new to the world of Kindle.

In terms of cases for the Kindle, I know most are leather. Why is that? Is it due to the feel? Protection?

Are there any cases offered in aluminum? Where could I find them?
Would aluminum interest anyone, especially if there would be intricate designs pattered on them?

Any help you could offer would be great!
I'm assuming that you are looking for something along the lines of the Boxwave Armor cases for other electronics (i.e. Palms, and IPAQs and such)?

I've searched a few times to see if anything similar was out there but have come up empty so far.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Hello buckyeye guy.  Welcome to the Kindleboards. 
It's my opinion that leather is used, although there are some covers that are non-leather, or synthetic leather, for the protection factor. 
Hope you stick around and take advantage of all the Boards have to offer. 
deb

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Welcome!

Personal opinion--leather is the most common material because it gives the Kindle a more "book-like" feel.

I wouldn't be interested in aluminum myself, but I can see where others might be.  There doesn't appear to be anything of that type currently on the market. 

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
We did have a thread about a week ago where a woman bought some type of case for her son to keep his K in while in Iraq.  I believe it's the case mentioned earlier.  Boxwave.  It's not a cover per se. 
deb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts