Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a huge Holocaust buff.  Does anyone have any recommendations for Kindle books they have read on this subject?  I am mostly looking for personal account type books (on either side german or jewish).  But if you have suggestions for other types I would be interested in those as well.  Thanks!

P.S. On a side note, I'm loving these boards!  Why oh why didn't I come on here sooner!?

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Have you read The Book Thief? It's a Young Adult book, but it's REALLY good. I couldn't put it down and have bought 3 copies to give as gifts. I also bought one I could loan out.

I've also been told The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is also very good, but I haven't read it yet (another YA book).

Not sure if these are what you're looking for though..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
luvmy4brats said:
Have you read The Book Thief? It's a Young Adult book, but it's REALLY good. I couldn't put it down and have bought 3 copies to give as gifts. I also bought one I could loan out.

I've also been told The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is also very good, but I haven't read it yet (another YA book).

Not sure if these are what you're looking for though..
I haven't read either of those, but they look good. I downloaded the sample. Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
My book club seems to be on a Holocaust kick.  These are fiction, but we read The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and are currently reading Sarah's Key.  Sarah's Key was a bit tough for me to get into, but now I'm fascinated and want to know more.  It's set in Paris, which isn't a city normally associated with the Holocaust.  Based on what I've read, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
hencoll1 said:
I enjoy books on the Holocaust too. I'll be downloading samples of many of the books mentioned in this thread. One I just finished on Monday that I did not see mentioned here is Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum. Excellent and thought provoking novel.

http://www.amazon.com/Those-Who-Save-Us/dp/B001NABXXY/ref=ed_oe_k

Thanks for posting, I also enjoy these books. Please go by the Intro/Welcome Board and make an intro. Welcome to KB! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love the book Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi and The True Story of Hansel and Gretel by Louise Murphy. However, neither of them are on the kindle but I totally reccomend both of them, especially the True Story of Hansel and Gretel.

I also have always been fascinated by stories of the Holocaust. One of my favorite books as a Kid was Lois Lowry's Number the Stars, which is another really great Holocaust story. But it's also not on the kindle. :/ what gives?!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
The author of this book was interviewed on TV the other night:

I downloaded the sample as I was watching the interview -- love downloading samples on the fly like that! I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but the book seemed relevant to this thread so I am posting it here.

Here's a link to the video of the interview, for anyone who might want to watch it:

http://www.wcsh6.com/life/programming/local/207/story.aspx?storyid=101031&catid=50

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.