Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have question about mobile phone, not quite related to this.

I like to buy unlocked Galaxy S7. I use phone less than 5times a month and even then I use wifi to send text, deposit check and so on. Any suggestion on getting cheapest service that uses my wifi connection. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
I’m addicted to Verizon, so haven’t tried it myself, but a techie friend speaks highly of Google Fi, and news articles say it now works on Samsung phones.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
*DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon) said:
I have question about mobile phone, not quite related to this.

I like to buy unlocked Galaxy S7. I use phone less than 5times a month and even then I use wifi to send text, deposit check and so on. Any suggestion on getting cheapest service that uses my wifi connection. Thanks.
Can't speak to your wifi question, but I had an S7edge for probably 3 years. It was a fine phone. Only reason I switched is because we switched carriers and, though it was 'technically' unlocked, it'd been purchased through Verizon and never worked smoothly on T-Mobile. :(

It was always fine with wifi in our house, however, and worked more speedily on it than on the 3G connection available in our downstairs living space -- where we spend most of our time. It's about half below ground. And it would find wifi signals as I moved around and I could use the connection if I wanted to bother to sign in.

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
The Hooded Claw said:
I'm addicted to Verizon, so haven't tried it myself, but a techie friend speaks highly of Google Fi, and news articles say it now works on Samsung phones.
You want to be careful with Fi. DH tried it when he got his Pixel. He DID provide better coverage out in the sticks (and on the way) where my mom lives. But in Austin it was a nightmare because it was constantly trying to connect to something different...

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate all the responses. I have finally signed my Samsung Galaxy using "pay as you go" plan with a provider that uses sprint network. So far I have used mostly with WiFi that seem to work fine. Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts