Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "next page" button on the left side of my K2 is slightly loose.  Not falling off, not visibly loose, just has a bit of wiggle when I touch it.  The other three buttons are super secure.  Being a first time Kindle owner, I'm not sure if this is to be expected or not.

Is this normal or should I return the lil sucker?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Kindgirl said:
The "next page" button on the left side of my K2 is slightly loose. Not falling off, not visibly loose, just has a bit of wiggle when I touch it. The other three buttons are super secure. Being a first time Kindle owner, I'm not sure if this is to be expected or not.

Mine are equally secure on all four of them. None of them are loose at all. I'd call CS

·
Registered
501 Posts
If it's loose enough to be noticeable, I'd take the replacement from CS. $359 buys you perfection...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not so loose that anyone else would normally notice, I just am very nit-picky.  I am still on the fence, I could go through the trouble of returning it, then have to wait while they "fix" it or send me a new one, and it could be normal for them not to be super tight and end up with the same thing.  I'll call them at least, I think.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
I guess it depends on how much it will bother you down the line. Now that you are aware of it, will you constantly think about it and let it fester. I am talking from experience lol. If you think it will just continue to bug you give them a call to ease your mind at least.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Kindgirl said:
The "next page" button on the left side of my K2 is slightly loose. Not falling off, not visibly loose, just has a bit of wiggle when I touch it. The other three buttons are super secure. Being a first time Kindle owner, I'm not sure if this is to be expected or not.

Definitely call CS. When my first Kindle 1 arrived last year, one of the buttons was slightly out of line with the others on the side of the Kindle. I called and asked if it was normal. I said it works but I was concerned about how it would wear in the future (make sure you say that). Next day, I had a replacement and a return label to send back the first one. Customer service was wonderful to me.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay I called them, my new one is on the way.  Amazing CS.

My husband likes you guys, between this issue and the Square Trade warranty info and the Oberon covers, he says "those people haven't steered you wrong yet, have they?"

:-*

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Kindgirl said:
Okay I called them, my new one is on the way. Amazing CS.

My husband likes you guys, between this issue and the Square Trade warranty info and the Oberon covers, he says "those people haven't steered you wrong yet, have they?"

:-*
Great news!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts