Kindle Forum banner

Loose button on K2

1558 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  DD
The "next page" button on the left side of my K2 is slightly loose.  Not falling off, not visibly loose, just has a bit of wiggle when I touch it.  The other three buttons are super secure.  Being a first time Kindle owner, I'm not sure if this is to be expected or not.

Is this normal or should I return the lil sucker?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
I would suggest calling Kindle Customer Service at 866-321-8851 and discuss your options with them :)
I think it might be normal.  Mine is looser than the other keys for sure.
Kindgirl said:
The "next page" button on the left side of my K2 is slightly loose. Not falling off, not visibly loose, just has a bit of wiggle when I touch it. The other three buttons are super secure. Being a first time Kindle owner, I'm not sure if this is to be expected or not.

Is this normal or should I return the lil sucker?
Mine are equally secure on all four of them. None of them are loose at all. I'd call CS
kevin63 said:
Mine are equally secure on all four of them. None of them are loose at all. I'd call CS
Like kevin, mine are not loose at all. I'd ask CS.
kari said:
I think it might be normal. Mine is looser than the other keys for sure.
Yep, same with mine.

Dirk
dflachbart said:
Yep, same with mine.

Dirk
Mine is but only ever so slightly.
I would have never noticed if I hadn't looked because of this thread.

FWIW,
EL
If it's loose enough to be noticeable, I'd take the replacement from CS. $359 buys you perfection...
It's not so loose that anyone else would normally notice, I just am very nit-picky.  I am still on the fence, I could go through the trouble of returning it, then have to wait while they "fix" it or send me a new one, and it could be normal for them not to be super tight and end up with the same thing.  I'll call them at least, I think.
I guess it depends on how much it will bother you down the line. Now that you are aware of it, will you constantly think about it and let it fester. I am talking from experience lol. If you think it will just continue to bug you give them a call to ease your mind at least.
Kindgirl said:
The "next page" button on the left side of my K2 is slightly loose. Not falling off, not visibly loose, just has a bit of wiggle when I touch it. The other three buttons are super secure. Being a first time Kindle owner, I'm not sure if this is to be expected or not.

Is this normal or should I return the lil sucker?
Definitely call CS. When my first Kindle 1 arrived last year, one of the buttons was slightly out of line with the others on the side of the Kindle. I called and asked if it was normal. I said it works but I was concerned about how it would wear in the future (make sure you say that). Next day, I had a replacement and a return label to send back the first one. Customer service was wonderful to me.
Okay I called them, my new one is on the way.  Amazing CS.

My husband likes you guys, between this issue and the Square Trade warranty info and the Oberon covers, he says "those people haven't steered you wrong yet, have they?"
 

:-*
watch out they do like accesories ;D
CS comes through again
sylvia
Kindgirl said:
Okay I called them, my new one is on the way. Amazing CS.

My husband likes you guys, between this issue and the Square Trade warranty info and the Oberon covers, he says "those people haven't steered you wrong yet, have they?"

:-*
Great news!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top