Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was down for the count.  I had a major headache I thought was first allergies and then a migraine - complete with nausea, vomiting and an aversion to light.  I slept most the morning trying to shake it and by noon my migraine meds didn't help so I eventually ended up at a clinic when I couldn't even keep water down.  I got a great anti-nausea shot and a pain killer shot for my head, decongestants and antibiotics - bacterial infection in my sinuses dontchu know.

Anyway, I got home, ate half a Wendy's burger, laid down with my kindle and I was out for 6 hours.  woke up, had a late dinner, watched a little TV and then I was out again until 4am when my body decided it had enough.  I feel mostly better today - my sinuses are still delicate but I'm no longer vomiting up my soul every couple hours.  BUT, I ran to do some errands this morning, stopped to pick up some beer and wine for Monday's cookout and realized only then that it was Sunday and Liquor stores aren't open.  I've lost a day.  My brain is still certain it's Saturday. ..... even knowing what happened to it, my internal clock just won't reset.  With tomorrow a day off as well, I guess I'm going to be a day off for the next week ...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Wow, that sounds brutal. Glad you're on the mend.

You thought to buy beer, so you must be getting better.  ;D

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Whew, that sounds awful. Glad you're feeling better today, at least. I hate when I get off by a day. I'm not even sure why it happens sometimes, but it's especially bad when it feels like a Friday and it's only Wednesday or Thursday!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yikes!  I guess it's great to find out it's just an infection that will go away eventually.  I often think we get bouts like that from time to time so we can learn to stop complaint (whining really) stupid silly
things when we are well.

Glad you're feeling better!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
OH noooo!  No beer for the party.  Where do you live that there is no liquor sold on Sunday?  I am so glad that you are feeling better.  I bet you had both a sinus infection and a migraine.  It probably put pressure on the trigeminal nerve which is responsible for migraines.  That nerve runs all along the head and through the sinus cavity.  I am glad you are on the mend.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm glad you're feeling bettter.  I have migraines too, so I feel your pain.  :(

I had this happen on Thursday.  I spent almost my entire work day dating everything May 27th, only to find out that it was actually the 26th.  Oops, :-[  It was especially crappy because of the way I found out -- a vendor called to find out if I'd messed up a pick up date.  I did.  Very weird.

Now that I have a 3-day weekend, I'll be one day off again....joy.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Sinuses and migraine, ugh, sounds horrible. I'm glad you are feeling better today!  It has been several years since I had to go in for a shot for a migraine, but the last time knocked me out for the better part of 36 hours.  It does screw up your time frame for a few days, but better the "lost" day than total suffering for the memory.

G

·
I hope you feel better, Geoffrey! Interesting choice of including a Wendy's burger among your recuperative treatments.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
foreverjuly said:
I hope you feel better, Geoffrey! Interesting choice of including a Wendy's burger among your recuperative treatments.
heh ... Its on the corner right next to the pharmacy and my partner was adamant that I needed to try and eat ....

Thanks everyone ... I'm feeling about 90% normal now and even worrying that I'm looking shaggy from not shaving - so that must be a good sign. The shots they gave me were great, though ... I don't know if it was one or the other specifically but I wasn't feeling stupid and stoned so much as light and breezy - until they knocked me out completely.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
glad you're feeling better.  I'm in the same boat.  I left church early b/c of a migraine and slept from 10:30am until 2pm.  My head is still killing me, but unlike normal people, I can't take anything except tylenol and the occasional mt dew.  I will probably call the dr office on Tues and see if I can get anything perscribed.  One thing I don't like from being pregnant is how many migraines I get (which is to be expected since hormones is one of my big triggers)

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
Glad to hear you are feeling better! Also, feeling "light and breezy" is so much better than feeling "stupid and stoned".

Alle Meine Entchen said:
... I left church early b/c of a migraine and slept from 10:30am until 2pm. My head is still killing me, but unlike normal people, I can't take anything except tylenol and the occasional mt dew. ...
There is an accupressure point on the hand behind the webbing between the thumb and index finger and in front of the joint of the bones in the hand for those two fingers (the fleshy part, not the thin part or over the bones). Sometimes pinching that area with the thumb and index finger of the other hand (thumb on top of hand and index finger on the palm side) can help with migraines. My chiropractor suggested this to me to try for a minute or two a few times a day for another type of headache but it has worked on family members with migraines. Not a cure but sometimes it helps.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Geoffrey said:
The shots they gave me were great, though ... I don't know if it was one or the other specifically but I wasn't feeling stupid and stoned so much as light and breezy - until they knocked me out completely.
I'll have what he's having.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Sorry to hear you've been under the weather.  Hope tomorrow is much better.
deb

1 - 19 of 19 Posts