Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of these are posted in another thread, but given how ambiguous the title of that thread is, I thought a separate unambiguously titled thread might make it easier for people who want them to find them.

Below are several Kindle "screensavers" I made based on artwork inspired by The Lord of the Rings. They are all already sized to 600x800 for immediate use.

Enjoy!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

This is a sketch of the White Tree of Gondor by artist Stephanie "Crooty" Noverraz.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the rest of the screensavers are from one or the other or both of the famed Brothers Hildebrandt. Greg and Tim H. created the artwork for the LotR wall calendars that were permanent fixtures in my bedroom from 1976-1979. (They also created the famous Star Wars movie poster.)

The Pillars of the Kings

·
Registered
81 Posts
Are you sure about that one you labeled "Rivendell"?  Looks more like ol' Tom's house to me!  :)

Also, I play the Lord of the Rings online game (occasionally) and have converted several screenshots from the game into Kindle images.  They turned out REALLY well, maybe when I get home from work I'll post them here.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wavsite said:
Are you sure about that one you labeled "Rivendell"? Looks more like ol' Tom's house to me! :)

Also, I play the Lord of the Rings online game (occasionally) and have converted several screenshots from the game into Kindle images. They turned out REALLY well, maybe when I get home from work I'll post them here.
I'm only 75% sure on the one I labeled "Rivendell." That's how it was labeled on the site where I found the original. However, as I mentioned earlier, I seem to remember that on the calendar, it was entitled "The Last Homely House," which would refer specifically to Elrond's house within Rivendell as we encounter it in The Hobbit. However, it may, in fact, be Tom's house. It's been thirty years since I owned the calendar. *shrug*

I'm looking forward to seeing your own offerings. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
These are great Jim!

I looked earlier and didn't reply, SHAME ON ME  :p

Wow, I'm not sure which is my fav.
:sigh:  i love those movies!

C

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was just yankin' yer chain, Mac. ;)

Glad you approve, though. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I may be new here, but I'm on to your chain yankin' style! haha  :p

·
Registered
385 Posts
Wow! How did I miss this thread?! Great Jim, thanks! More, more, more! I don't care if they're LotR or something else. Kewl beans, dude.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cat said:
Wow! How did I miss this thread?! Great Jim, thanks! More, more, more! I don't care if they're LotR or something else. Kewl beans, dude.
Wow! Thanks, Cat. I'll make up some more later tonight or tomorrow. :)

*glows with pride*

1 - 20 of 47 Posts