Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm new to posting but have been lurking since October 26th (the day I ordered my Kindle). I have been following all things Kindle since it's debut. I wasn't sure that I would be happy with an electronic reading device because I love the feel, the smell, and the look of a book. I own upwards of 1000 books both paperback and hardback. Needless to say I am running out of room in my bookcases. But I was still undecided.

Then one day, my Mom called and said to turn Oprah on. Her program was about something called a Kindle and she thought that I needed to look into getting one. (I had just taken six computer boxes full of paperbacks to her house to store in her spare room.) I watched the program and then told my DH about it that night. He agreed with me (he was the one transporting the books to my Mom's).

I ordered Stella the next day and haven't read a DTB since. Now I'm, obsessed with all things Kindle. Stella has 3 skins and 3 covers and I'm still looking for more​

·
Registered
552 Posts
Don't think it's you as it is appearing right justified to me as well ;)

Hi Bluebell and welcome.  I was pretty much in the same boat as you with books surrounding me and my daughter finally said "mom, I can't read them as fast as you are giving them to me"  Soooooo, I went by way of Kindle and haven't looked back since.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it is justified. I have a habit of doing that. I'm an office manager for a church and I do that when making the bulletins and newsletters.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Bluebell said:
Yes, it is justified. I have a habit of doing that. I'm an office manager for a church and I do that when making the bulletins and newsletters.
Hello again Bluebell! I am a recent retiree from a church (18 years). I worked mostly in the membership/records area. Only had to do bulletins in my first 2 years.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do it all in our church. I have volunteers that help out now and then. Our congregation is very small. We have 6 chrches in a town of 2300...2 Lutheran, 2 Catholic, 1 Methodist, and 1 Baptist. We also have just as many bars. Have to keep the balance.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Bluebell - I've done a few church bulletins myself, they do tend to be a challenge, but always fun.

Enjoy your reading and keep on a' postin'

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Bluebell-
Your signature caught my eye. I grew up in a town of 1300 with 4 churches- I think I can relate! Welcome :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Megan,

Welcome Aboard & thanks "un-lurking" to join Kindleboards.

Glad to have you here & perhaps your next post will be left justified  ;)

Love your sense of humor and let us know of any new covers you get for Stella.

Cheers,

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Bluebell, welcome! Glad to have you here. We are all obsessed with all things Kindle...

everyone: the message was oddly justified, but I fixed it. Hope that's okay with you, BB.

L

1 - 13 of 13 Posts