Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi; Just got my new kindle! So happy with it. I wanted to keep a list of books that are worth of reading:
I lover Romance books written by such authors like Jude deveraux, danielle steels, erica spindler, gabaldon and many others..
I am also new to paranomal romance (i love magic...)and would like to read more of them.

Could you tell me which Romance Or paranormal book you liked? I would not mind a list to keep me going for next 20 years..... lol...
Thank you for sharing this info with me!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Laila, welcome! Glad to have you here.

You mentioned Gabaldon...we have an Outlander book club beginning on Monday, December 29th.

Do you like only m/f romances or are you open to m/m? The latter is my particular guilty pleasure and I can give you a bunch of recs for that.

L

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Welcome, Lailamar!

Congratulations on your new Kindle!  Lots of good recommendations here!  I'm sure you'll get some good answers!  I like JD Robb (Nora Roberts) myself!  It's a series starring Eve Dallas, a kick-butt police detective in the future, with LOTS of romance.

Betsy

·
Registered
273 Posts
Kay Hooper has some series that fall under what you are looking for. They are also  FBI mystery/ suspense.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leslie.... open to all kind of romance, suspense, paranomal romance or anything else... whatever you read and loved! thank you!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I like Christine Feehan's Ghost Walkers and Drake Sisters series. Great romance and both series have magic and paranormal in them. I also like J D Robb and Nora Roberts' books.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I really enjoyed the Magic Study series by Maria Snyder. I also really love JR Ward. But one author that really stands out in the crowd of paranormal romances, IMO, is Karen Marie Moning, especially if you're interested in more hot Highlander types of novels. She has started out publishing the Highlander novels (they are not necessarily a series, but the story line is interconnected) and is currently working on the Fever series. Absolutely an excellent series. There are 3 books in the series right now, with two more to come.

Enjoy! :)

added searches for your books, Jan! --Betsy

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
ScrappingForever said:
But one author that really stands out in the crowd of paranormal romances, IMO, is Karen Marie Moning, especially if you're interested in more hot Highlander types of novels. She has started out publishing the Highlander novels (they are not necessarily a series, but the story line is interconnected)
I'll second KMM's Highlander series. I've read three. Kiss of the Highlander, Dark Highlander and Immortal Highlander. Not all of the series is on Kindle.

Right now I'm reading Jude Deveraux's Wild Orchids and I like the H/H very much. A Knight in Shining Armor is one of her best.

For Nora Roberts, there's the Key trilogy and the Three Sisters Island trilogy. I like them both. Nearly forgot her Donovan series which is also very good. I haven't read the Ardmore trilogy, but that's paranormal and I've heard good things about it.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Laila,

We have two threads where I have made a bunch of recommendations and links. Rather than re-do that again, I've just bumped both threads so you can see them.

The first is called Guilty Pleasures and is in the Let's Talk Kindle board:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1616.0.html

The other one is here and is called 19th Century recommendations and I put a bunch of links to books that I like; all historical fiction with great romances.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1590.0.html

I hope these give you some great ideas!

L

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got my Kindle for Christmas.  Got to love a husband who listens.  Paranormal, magic, witchcraft, those are my lifeline.  I have all of Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Keri Arthur, Karen Marie Moning and Jayne Castle in good old fashioned paper, now have to try to get them for the kindle.  Sad to say they don't have all of them available.  At least not yet.  Hopefully in the near future they will convert all of my series to kindle so I can always have them.  Can never read them to many times.  ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Dragonlady! Congrats on your first post. Glad to have you here.

Make sure to go add a welcome to the welcome and intro post, okay?

L

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
dragonlady said:
Just got my Kindle for Christmas. Got to love a husband who listens. Paranormal, magic, witchcraft, those are my lifeline. I have all of Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Keri Arthur, Karen Marie Moning and Jayne Castle in good old fashioned paper, now have to try to get them for the kindle. Sad to say they don't have all of them available. At least not yet. Hopefully in the near future they will convert all of my series to kindle so I can always have them. Can never read them to many times. ;D
Dragonlady, congrats on the new Kindle and welcome to Kindleboards!

I like to reread my favorites, too, and am stalking them on Kindle. In the Book Corner, we have a link where members post their favorite books to be requested on Kindle. I know Karen Marie Moning has some on Kindle, haven't checked on the others!

Betsy

·
Registered
133 Posts
lailamar said:
hi; Just got my new kindle! So happy with it. I wanted to keep a list of books that are worth of reading:
I lover Romance books written by such authors like Jude deveraux, danielle steels, erica spindler, gabaldon and many others..
I am also new to paranomal romance (i love magic...)and would like to read more of them.

Could you tell me which Romance Or paranormal book you liked? I would not mind a list to keep me going for next 20 years..... lol...
Thank you for sharing this info with me!
One of my favorites that I have not seen mentioned is a Romance/Fantasy. I loved this book and have re-read it a couple of times. Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughan.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Another one that I loved was a very fun read and a fairly new author.

The series by Janet Chapman are also really good. There are a few of them, but they start with this one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dazlyn I just downloaded the sample for Charming the Highlander .... and quess what? after reading the sample, I purchased the book! ............LOOKS LIKE I WON'T SLEEP TONIGHT!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Kathy said:
I like Christine Feehan's Ghost Walkers and Drake Sisters series. Great romance and both series have magic and paranormal in them. I also like J D Robb and Nora Roberts' books.
I second these recommendations! I like the Ghost Walkers series--to my mind it's more of a paramilitary/romance. The Drake Sisters series to be funny, magical, and romantic all at the same time. The first book in the series is now "ON SALE" for the price of $3 - 50% less than usual. Definitely worth checking out. JD Robbs' Death Series featuring Eve Dallas is great too - fast paced, police work, beleivable, sexy...lots of good things going on in that set of books. (Here is a nice link to the book series, in order: http://www.amazon.com/quot-Death-order/lm/R3PPH65MLOP7C5 [Hi, everyone - I created this post before I realized there's another thread devoted just to this series. Go here for a lot more info 8) http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1854.0.html]

I highly support ScrappingForever's recommendation of JR Ward - all of them are great reads!

Dazlin - I looked at your link & downloaded the sample. Looks good :)

Below are links to the first book in each of these series.

Ghost Walkers/Christine Feehan

Drake Sisters/Christine Feehan

Black Dagger Brotherhood/JR Ward

In Death/Eve Dallas by JD Robb

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'll have to try some of these. Someone also recommended the series by Karen Marie Moning. I also loved them. The first one is not available on Kindle, but some of the others are. Christina Dodd also wrote a 4 book series that was good but be careful....some of her sex scenes are pretty hot.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
om my oh my oh my......................thank you for so many great books and options.... but is there a way for me to put all of them in my kindle as watch list? or should i do it in amazon account? if that is possible of course..........
ps. i have spent the last 8 hrs of reading...totally addictive that kindle! GOD HAVE MARCY FOR ME bacause my housework and all the chores are going be forgotten! can't stop reading!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts