Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone feels about love?  All of us have various kind of feelings about this fascinating word LOVE. It can vary from love for animals, humans or even god.

I start with mine worth 2 cents.

"Many of us love God. Those who don't; God loves them."

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Victorine said:
I love reading about people falling in love. Especially if there's conflict and they have to overcome it. ;) Vicki
Isn't that the characteristic of romantic love? Conflict, heartbreak...

It was good to see you, Vicki. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Most of us are in love the IDEA of being in love.....but few of us REALLY love.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Nothing else brings us such highs and lows as love.  Even knowing what I am feeling when I am in love is a physiological response my body has in order to get us to reproduce and successfully raise kids doesnt lessen the joy.

·
Registered
296 Posts
KindleChickie said:
Nothing else brings us such highs and lows as love. Even knowing what I am feeling when I am in love is a physiological response my body has in order to get us to reproduce and successfully raise kids doesnt lessen the joy.
Haha! Yep...my mother always told me to, "Be careful, because your hormones will screw you up, every time.".

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Val2 said:
I love fresh bread, olive oil to dip it in! Yum!
Ditto! I love this too and it's healthy. I, sometimes, add very little salt and black pepper.

Z

·
0 Posts
Oh my GOSH -- I LOVE, "Love."

Romantic Love is my favorite because of the journey and the anticipation of finally obtaining it--it always takes us by surprise, doesn't it :)

Sighhhh....
I LOVE, "Love...."

·
Registered
129 Posts
Love, as in romantic love grows and deepens with time.  When I met my wife I didn't think I could ever love anyone more.  I was a foolish very young man.  32 years later I lover her so much more, in a deeper richer way.

My sons, I may not always like them, but I never stop loving them.

Love is what keeps me going when time is rough and tumble.

I love my characters, and the begs the question, why do I put them through such hell, must be noir thing.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Love can be summed up in the Bible.
1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

4  Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Love...REAL Love is extremely rare.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vegas_Asian said:
"there are as many forms of love as there are moments of time"
IMHO, Romantic Love is the most common and few lucky ones can have it forever. In many it fades away.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sugar said:
Love...REAL Love is extremely rare.
Agree. But it is there. We have to search for it. Love is the most wonderful characteristic of being human.

There is some old song which is something like this:
"Love will keep us together."

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I believe love is prolific and everywhere.  It is our own unique need to control things that leaves us believing it is elusive or rare. 

To love someone or to be IN love with someone is something I have ownership of.  Whether that person loves me back or loves me properly is something I have no control over.  Choosing to love freely, accepting that you have no control over its return, that is the true nature of love.  Once you accept that love is a gift, given and received without expectations, it removes all boundaries and then love becomes free.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NapCat said:
Most of us are in love the IDEA of being in love.....but few of us REALLY love.
I like your statement and is perhaps true. But that's not love. Isn't it. We may have the idea about sleeping or idea about eating, but that's not really sleeping or eating.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts