Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...don't shoot, cause I know I have seen threads on this subject before but I never fully understood the answers nor did I dig enough into it since I never thought it would apply to me.

I found a gently loved K1 that I am buying.  The previous owner has about 5 books that he bought from Amazon on it.  He said that he will leave them on the Kindle for me.  The question is: when I register the Kindle to my account, will the books remain on the Kindle?  Would I be able to "move" those said books to my Amazon account?

Sorry....any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I too am trying to remember who actually had this scenerio and discussed it.  It seems to me that the books stayed, but if they deleted them, then they were gone for good.
deb

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
My understanding is that the books can remain on your Kindle and you will be able to read them even after you register it to your account.  But the original license is for that Kindle only and is only backed up on the original account through which the books were purchased.  So, if you delete them, they're gone for good.  You'd have to re-purchase them if you wanted them back.

Ann

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aha!  

Thank you, Friends!

One of the books coming on the "new" K1 is one that I REALLY want to read.....(8th Confession) and I want to give the Kindle as a gift.  (But I want to read it first!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts