Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was reading the Sunday paper (on Kindle of course) and some books were mentioned. I wondered if they were any good, so I hit [search], entered the name of the book without ever leaving the article, selected [Kindle Store] and asked for a sample of the book, then went back to the article without ever losing my place.

You gotta love that!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Awesome!  We have said before that our Kindle experiences just keep getting better and better as we find new ways to use/enjoy them!

I

·
0 Posts
Yes, yes, I do.  There are so many cool little things we can do with our kindles and it is all integrated fairly well.  

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Even though there are a couple minor things that could be improved upon; I gotta say that Amazon did an amazing job on the Kindle. 

A first generation device, their first attempt at hardware, and a technology that isn't mainstream...  I think they hit a homerun. 

I still love the simple fact of getting a book within a few seconds without the need to be tethered to some clunky computer

The 'other' way:  find the site, search, download, now where did I save that book, hook up the e-reader, nope that's the gps cable try again, hook up the e-reader, drag and drop, nope that's the drive for the digital camera try again, drag and drop, eject, why won't it eject oh some window is still open try again, eject.  (I'm sure i missed a few steps)

The Kindle way: search, click

Love It !

·
Registered
869 Posts
kim said:
Even though there are a couple minor things that could be improved upon; I gotta say that Amazon did an amazing job on the Kindle.

A first generation device, their first attempt at hardware, and a technology that isn't mainstream... I think they hit a homerun.

I still love the simple fact of getting a book within a few seconds without the need to be tethered to some clunky computer

The 'other' way: find the site, search, download, now where did I save that book, hook up the e-reader, nope that's the gps cable try again, hook up the e-reader, drag and drop, nope that's the drive for the digital camera try again, drag and drop, eject, why won't it eject oh some window is still open try again, eject. (I'm sure i missed a few steps)

The Kindle way: search, click

Love It !
I think you just explained why my Dad prefers to use the Whispernet! He can email now in the ol'hunt-and-peck typing fashion. He constantly berates computers in general & his experiences with it specifically yet I know he likes the ability to use email to stay in touch with my brothers & other family members.

Given a choice, he will use Whispernet while I'm the opposite. I like browsing the Kindle bookstore online & sending it to my Kindle. It's easier to see books on a computer screen than the Kindle screen. That said, I have ordered through Whispernet and it's a great feature to have. I know I'll be using more in a few months when I travel to FL for a Caribbean cruise [YEAH].

Marci

I

·
0 Posts
I try to use the link maker as much as I can before I buy my books.  I like the fact that it kicks back a few pennies to help out the forums.  I don't bothere with it if the books are free though.  :)  Three % of zero is still zero.(just using n arbitrary number)

The two other things I use my Kindle for are weather tracking and checking movie times.  I have also used it to get directions when i was lost and looking for a doctor's office.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts