Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I was so thrilled Christmas Day when I opened one of my wrapped presents....At first I was in shock. I thought could it be? Could this really be it? In my hands right now? Not sold out and on back order for weeks?  I was estatic to see the white box that says K I N D L E!  I hate to say that after that present my others quickly became forgotten!  I was so surprised to see the Kindle....I had mentioned it to my aunt months before asking what she thought about it. I couldn't decide at the time if I would like the switch from books to kindle. Well, she remembered, decided I needed it (with me being an avid reader like her), and bought it for me for Christmas!

Now I am enjoying reading through everyone posts, learning more and more about my kindle, accessories, books to read.....I feel like I can't get any work done b/c I am constantly reading posts about kindles! Now...I just need to think of a good name for it!

Happy reading!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Welcome...I love hearing the excitement in your email as it brings back my memory of opening my kindle for the first time. I hope your kindle will be your new best friend as it is for many of us.  Enjoy  

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi MelissaJ323, I am happy you found KindleBoards. I think you are going to like it here.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Melissa and congrats on receiving your Kindle!! Thanks for sharing your excitement... it is great to be reminded of when I got mine!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Melissa - it was a good suggestion to name your kindle after your aunt, and what a wonderful lady she is.  Does she have one?  You'll need to convince her she needs one also.

Welcome and Glad to Have you HERE!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I loved the suggestion about naming my kindle after my aunt....my kindle's name is now PJ (i took her first and middle name initials!)

thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I can't believe that it's almost 4pm and I still have to finish my work for the day. Its a plus that I work from home; however now that I have PJ i keep downloading samples of books, reading the boards, and NOT getting any work done! I am a GONER! I am already addicted to PJ!

happy new year everyone!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi ya Melissa and welcome to one the friendliest sites on the web.  Whatever did we do before Kindle? ;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Melissa -

I so happy to extend a "Welcome Aboard" to you & PJ.

I completely understand your uh, "inability" to work due to PJ & KB, LOL  :D

Be great to meet you in one of the book clubs that are coming up (Outlander has started, but feel free to jump in!).

Glad to have you here,

Marci

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
melissaj323 said:
Hi everyone!

I was so thrilled Christmas Day when I opened one of my wrapped presents....At first I was in shock. I thought could it be? Could this really be it? In my hands right now? Not sold out and on back order for weeks? I was estatic to see the white box that says K I N D L E! I hate to say that after that present my others quickly became forgotten! I was so surprised to see the Kindle....I had mentioned it to my aunt months before asking what she thought about it. I couldn't decide at the time if I would like the switch from books to kindle. Well, she remembered, decided I needed it (with me being an avid reader like her), and bought it for me for Christmas!

Now I am enjoying reading through everyone posts, learning more and more about my kindle, accessories, books to read.....I feel like I can't get any work done b/c I am constantly reading posts about kindles! Now...I just need to think of a good name for it!

Happy reading!
Melissa--

Welcome to Kindleboards, and congratulations on your Christmas Kindle! and Happy New Year! We have a thread just for names, so when you have decided, be sure to post there!

Also, our Book Klubs are beginning this week with Outlander. Reading on Outlander has begun this week, with the first discussion beginning Monday and going on all week, you've got plenty of time! Coming up, we've also got a free book, Whiskey Rebels, a vampire lit book, Dead Until Dark, an "epic futuristic fantasty" In Her Name, romantic suspense adventure* Distant Cousin, and historical fiction Gone For A Soldier coming up.

Something for everyone! Check the Book Klubs subforum for more information, and the calendar.

Betsy

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
melissaj323 said:
I loved the suggestion about naming my kindle after my aunt....my kindle's name is now PJ (i took her first and middle name initials!)

thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I can't believe that it's almost 4pm and I still have to finish my work for the day. Its a plus that I work from home; however now that I have PJ i keep downloading samples of books, reading the boards, and NOT getting any work done! I am a GONER! I am already addicted to PJ!

happy new year everyone!
Welcome Melissa,
How exciting to receive such a surprise. I too work from home and I'm having such a hard time staying off the Kindle board, off the Amazon site checking out all of the suggestions, downloading samples, books, chatting with folks on here. I am sooo far behind. I keep thinking the novelty will wear off, but it hasn't. Good luck. Hope to see you here often.
debbie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts