Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Low Content/No Content Book Sources - What websites can you get images, puzzles, designs for LCB/NCB?

1) Where are the websites you can purchase for LCB/NCB type of books? and is it fine to purchase them and use it for your books?

2) What is a good easy to use software to put this into a book. Does MS Word work as well?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I have no idea where you would find stuff like that, but if you do find some sites, make sure you read the license info. Because the images will be providing all of the value of the book, you'll likely need to make sure they have an extended license.

·
Registered
500 Posts
In general, I would suggest "no" to just repackaging already existing content into a book and then publishing, even with proper licensing.

The more discerning customer will notice, and they will turn away from you as a result. I've seen several independent publishers do this cycle of creating low-quality content, or ripping content from elsewhere, and then needing to switch pen names every year and rely on old-school affiliate marketing-style tactics just to maintain a low baseline profit. It is not sustainable, and it's not helpful to the industry either.

Needing, or wanting, to make money quick is understandable, but this path wouldn't lead you very far. If you want to create low-content books, it's probably best to contract someone skilled in design, or learn design yourself.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess you have never done lcb/ncb and havent thoroughly researched about it as those who do it and talk about it nowadays mostly follow it with proper licensing. There are ways to make it original without being a designer yourself. Stop limiting yourself and embrace learning new ways to grow yourself and your business.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I guess you have never done lcb/ncb and havent thoroughly researched about it as those who do it and talk about it nowadays mostly follow it with proper licensing. There are ways to make it original without being a designer yourself. Stop limiting yourself and embrace learning new ways to grow yourself and your business.
You haven't done it either. You made another thread about this very subject asking for basic information about it, so you really can't make counterarguments like this. My point was not about legalities, and I think you know you're striving for something you shouldn't be doing if "it's all above board, I promise" is your counter.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You haven't done it either. You made another thread about this very subject asking for basic information about it, so you really can't make counterarguments like this. My point was not about legalities, and I think you know you're striving for something you shouldn't be doing if "it's all above board, I promise" is your counter.
I don't usually take advice from those who just say a quick no without any due diligence & experience. My point is it's worth looking into and was wanting to learn more about it. There are many successful people doing it and it is worth learning how to do it the right way. If you have no experience in it, just skip the post and move on. No value added is a waste of time for everyone. Good luck in your own endeavors that working for you. If you don't want to do it, cool but if others want to learn about it, that's their choice. Your post sounded like a quick no without any true due diligence & experience in it. Be more open minded. Expand. Grow. Learn. If you don't want to, that's your choice. Good luck.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't usually take advice from those who just say a quick no without any due diligence & experience. My point is it's worth looking into and was wanting to learn more about it. There are many successful people doing it and it is worth learning how to do it the right way. If you have no experience in it, just skip the post and move on. No value added is a waste of time for everyone. Good luck in your own endeavors that working for you. If you don't want to do it, cool but if others want to learn about it, that's their choice. Your post sounded like a quick no without any true due diligence & experience in it. Be more open minded. Expand. Grow. Learn. If you don't want to, that's your choice. Good luck.
I used to work for a publisher of low-content material and have proofed designs for it as well. My original post did not come from a position of ignorance.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I have looked into this stuff, and it's a load of hooey. Bull crap, all of it. It doesn't belong on any group where people are writing and researching and trying their best to provide valid content.

I don't care what sites you've been looking at, but you should do your own research and find what you want. Leave it off here. No one is going to help you upload more useless content that Amazon will almost surely turn into permanent draft status. At best, they block it from searches.

Face it, this stuff is stationary. It's not publishing, it's printing. If you want to sell it, get it printed somewhere and get a seller's account.

·
Registered
120 Posts
For sure you can, but If you use someone else draws/photos without proper licence, you could suffer a copyright lawsuit. If the artist allow Getty Images to licence the rights and made the sales, Getty will sue you for 5000 usd for using any of the images on a web blog (the sue is for more money, but after they contact you they offer you a deal for that amount).

For a book, even LCB/NCB, the sue could be bigger. You must consider that we have reasons to believe that they (getty) have robots traveling around the net searching the images they sell in order to detect copyright inflingement and sue. I was for long time in MicroStock business, my advice is to be cautious with the images you use, be sure to have the proper licence.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Low Content/No Content Book Sources - What websites can you get images, puzzles, designs for LCB/NCB?

1) Where are the websites you can purchase for LCB/NCB type of books? and is it fine to purchase them and use it for your books?

2) What is a good easy to use software to put this into a book. Does MS Word work as well?

The answer to your questions....

Websites to get interiors and covers for low content books:

1. Creative Fabrica
2. Tangent templates
3. Book bolt

Sites or software to use to create low content books:

1. Canva
2. Photoshop
3. Affinity designer
4. Adobe Indesign
5. Powerpoint
6. Gimp

I will just say that I looked into low content publishing about 14 months ago and I was put off by comments from some fiction authors. I thought it was a scammy way of making quick money. Now I know there is a sort of get rich quick side to it, but that is the same with any type of publishing or making money online.

There are some people, some youtube channels that teach you how to make money publishing low content books. Some encourage people to download a template from one of the sites I listed above (Tangent templates), make a quick book cover in 10 minutes and upload a bunch of books. Some of these people have 1000 books listed on Amazon. I think that's terrible advice. I've seen one person on youtube bragging about uploading a book everyday. Some people are just posting the same interior and changing the cover over and over again. Then there's keyword stuffing and miscatergorizing.

It seems that the days of making 100 lined notebooks with a crappy cover, uploading them and expecting to make 100's a week, is over.
You have to put some work in.

I have been watching the channels and people making money, seen the rank of some of the bestselling publishers/creators (whatever they want to call themselves) and they are putting a little more time and effort into creating something a little more unique.

As others have said, check licences, copyrights and trademarks. There are phrases that are popular and trademarked. Don't think that you will be the one person who can get away with using a famous quote that you do not have permission to use.

Look at what is happening on sites like Redbubble and Etsy, people are getting banned because they are using celebrity photos and names, others are using Disney logos or quotes. Stay away from creating products based on a TV show or movie. At some point you will get a warning, then you will find your account suspended.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Bellajames, thanks for your detailed answers. Yes i have heard of those template creators you mentioned which are.
1. Creative Fabrica
2. Tangent templates
3. Book bolt

Now, can people use those template creators and submit it to amazon - and that is fine? Technically do buyers of that software have the 'right' to use it on amazon? (does amazon allow it usually?) By purchasing those software, can people technically use it and submit to Amazon (as if you have the rights to use their templates?) Have you heard people using those software and get banned from amazon doing LCB/NCB?

I know it is the quick and easy way to do it but to get your feet wet, I think it's not a bad way to just test things out. Create a nice unique cover + use the templates from the software above (and maybe add your own BRAND logo/unique image to all the pages next or near the lines for all the pages...to brand it and make it somewhat 'unique' so not completely the same as everyone else.)

I just want to make 1 journal and see how it goes and just asking around. Thank you. Your response has been the most helpful and understanding so far. I totally agree with you that products must be ORIGINAL as best as possible. I also like most people get turned of by the idea of pumping out 1000's of these every day with all the templates being the same. I'm not looking to do 100's 1000's (it hurts hardworking authors/writers/publishers who take a long time to create 1 book). Instead, I want to learn how to do it once for my brand because having a journal/notebook/etc wouldn't be a bad idea to add to your product list to build your overall brand. I'm sure some big publishing brands also having these LCB/NCB to add to their product selection. (Focusing on quality and not quantity)

My goal is not to pump out so many lcb/ncb. just maybe a handful to come out with a journal/calendar/etc for each year for my brand. I wanted to ask about this topic not to pump out tons but just learn how to make quality ones using the tools/softwares shown out there for beginners WITHOUT having to be a designer or being super technical. Thanks!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Bellajames, thanks for your detailed answers. Yes i have heard of those template creators you mentioned which are.
1. Creative Fabrica
2. Tangent templates
3. Book bolt

Now, can people use those template creators and submit it to amazon - and that is fine? Technically do buyers of that software have the 'right' to use it on amazon? (does amazon allow it usually?) By purchasing those software, can people technically use it and submit to Amazon (as if you have the rights to use their templates?) Have you heard people using those software and get banned from amazon doing LCB/NCB?

I know it is the quick and easy way to do it but to get your feet wet, I think it's not a bad way to just test things out. Create a nice unique cover + use the templates from the software above (and maybe add your own BRAND logo/unique image to all the pages next or near the lines for all the pages...to brand it and make it somewhat 'unique' so not completely the same as everyone else.)

I just want to make 1 journal and see how it goes and just asking around. Thank you. Your response has been the most helpful and understanding so far. I totally agree with you that products must be ORIGINAL as best as possible. I also like most people get turned of by the idea of pumping out 1000's of these every day with all the templates being the same. I'm not looking to do 100's 1000's (it hurts hardworking authors/writers/publishers who take a long time to create 1 book). Instead, I want to learn how to do it once for my brand because having a journal/notebook/etc wouldn't be a bad idea to add to your product list to build your overall brand. I'm sure some big publishing brands also having these LCB/NCB to add to their product selection. (Focusing on quality and not quantity)

My goal is not to pump out so many lcb/ncb. just maybe a handful to come out with a journal/calendar/etc for each year for my brand. I wanted to ask about this topic not to pump out tons but just learn how to make quality ones using the tools/softwares shown out there for beginners WITHOUT having to be a designer or being super technical. Thanks!
I have just started creating planners and journals. I am creating them from scratch using Canva.

Personally I don't think anyone should use the ready made templates on these sites. You end up with the same interior as 100's of other publishers. Use them to get some design ideas. If you are going to use them, check if they can be altered and alter them to look different, unique. Read the license info on the site.

Journals and notebooks are easy to create in Canva, powerpoint etc.... There are so many videos on Youtube showing you how to make some of these journals, coloring books and other low content products.

I would stay away from the channels encouraging you to just use ready made templates and create 10 different covers. It's lazy, it's spammy, it floods Amazon and it does not guarantee sales.
Also and more importantly, why should someone buy your low content book that looks the same as 20 other publishers books? Give customers something interesting and unique to buy.

I am not fooled by the people saying they make thousands uploading these templates to Amazon. Like half of the videos on Youtube that teach you to make money online, some of these people lie about their earnings. There are at least 8 of them I can see who are shady and give bad advice.

Stay away from channels like Emeka and Ty Cohen, known shady spammers who try to get around Amazon's rules. Some of these people make more from Youtube and courses teaching people how to publish, than they do from actually publishing.

Some of these people are ok with uploading these templates, selling 1 book a day and having 2000 books on Amazon. I am not cool with that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts