Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang.. I found this on the amazon board thought I would share.. though I don't have this issue I am sure some of you might (OR might in the future) several people said it worked GREAT for them and could get access and download samples for the first time..I sent this as a DOC to my K2 and DX (dont think it works on the K1) in case I am ever in that situation.. I did try the first few steps to see what he was talking about and lo and behold a whole other box comes up.. so if you are having iffy coverage try this.

Kindle Work around for low area whispernet which another member posted

Turn wireless ON, go to SETTINGS, key in 411

-- there is a line that says UP,UP,UP... yours probably says DOWN,DOWN,....

BACK, key in 611. One of the things on this page is the GPS loc of the nearest cell tower. BACK, key in 411 --is it now UP,UP....??

No one could explain to her why that would work, but she said that she could get wireless service for a long period if she did this. She has to do this everytime she wants wireless ON I think.

It couldn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
That is pretty neat if it helps people get better reception.

BJ said:
Guess I'm just too far away. I got the 411 page but all it's doing is retrieving data, and when I switch to 611 everything is "not available". Too bad, I was really hopeful.
I wish it would have worked for you. Sometimes my signal changes even in different areas in my house. Maybe just try the same process in a different room, part of your house etc.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
^^the same with me.  When I first got K1 I had great coverage sitting on my couch.  Now it's iffy.  I get better coverage upstairs in my bedroom.  Not sure why, but if I want it to connect faster I just walk upstairs and lay it on my bed.  Weird.
deb

·
Registered
1 Posts
In Wilmington, NC I have variable reception. 5 bars the first 15 days and now no connection from the same site. Frustrating. The 611-411 shift didnt help. I hope someone will ontain an acceptable technical reason for reception difficulties .

·
Registered
558 Posts
drenee said:
^^the same with me. When I first got K1 I had great coverage sitting on my couch. Now it's iffy. I get better coverage upstairs in my bedroom. Not sure why, but if I want it to connect faster I just walk upstairs and lay it on my bed. Weird.
deb
This is similar for me - it was better when I first got my K2. I think it may be because the trees have leaves on them now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.