Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spielberg, Lucas, and Lawrence Kasdan sat down for a brainstorming session for Raiders of the Lost Ark in the late 70s, and recorded their conversation. A PDF of it is online. It's a fascinating inside view of the early formation of one of the most iconic scripts in movie history. Great stuff for a writer to geek out on.

http://maddogmovies.com/almost/scripts/raidersstoryconference1978.pdf

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks for this! I love when I can enjoy things from a writer's perspective as well as feed my geeky side!!!! Awesome!  8)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Really interesting - though rather long.  Only had a brief glance through it so far.  Funny to see they first called him Indiana Smith.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I remember reading that when it first leaked a few years ago, and above all else, it's a fascinating look into the crazy mind of George Lucas. He was very insistent that Marion and Indy's backstory be how she seduced him when he was in his early 40s and she was 11.

I had to look it up again for how insane it is:

G(eorge) - I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her when she was eleven.

L(awrence) - And he was forty-two.

G - He hasn't seen her in twelve years. Now she's twenty-two. It's a real strange relationship.

S - She had better be older than twenty-two.

G - He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at the time.

S - And promiscuous. She came onto him.

G - Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it's an outrageous idea, but it is interesting. Once she's sixteen or seventeen it's not interesting anymore. But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he...

S - She has pictures of him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts