Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moderators thank you for always looking in to see how the service is going. You are better than any wait staff because not only do you fix any immediate problems, you keep the neighbors from spoiling the experience. Sometimes it's by closing a thread, or giving a nudge in the right direction to keep things on track and civil. Those closed threads keep us safe, but it's the ones that get to stay open that cause you the most work, but allow us to get the most rewards from viewing. Thank you, Moderators.

Veteran authors, thank you for every ounce of advice you offer from cover design to promotion assessment, to HOW TO just about anything that an up and coming author might need to know. And for all the things that we may not need to know, but may help get us through the day. Every encouraging word, every humorous post, every salting of the fields on our behalf. Thank you, Veteran authors.

New authors, thank you for putting yourself out there when it may seem uncomfortable. For every question you ask, for every example you cite, for every bit of clarification you seek, for every testimony you give on how something worked or didn’t for you, there is one more of us behind you gaining some of the same ground you have gained. Thank you, New authors.

Every word or post may not get a response, but everyone who makes the WC my favorite forum on all of internetdom is appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey Joel,
Do you know what the "S" on Jughead's shirt stands for? His name is Forsythe P. Jones, he goes to Riverdale High School and before that he went to Riverdale Elementary School. What up with the "S"? This question has plagued me since second grade.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Applause!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello,
My name is Dave, and I'm a lurker.

I feel like I stepped into an AA meeting with that, so I'll just sit back down and resume lurking after saying I agree.  The information shared here is awesome, and so are the people.

Resuming lurk mode,
Dave

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for responding. Especially to any members of the Lurkerati who break the lurk to post.

Rob, that answer seems to have plagued many fans for many years. Here is an answer attributed to Archie writer/artist Bob Bolling as explained to someone when the question came up on another site:

I was just showing Bob Bolling this website [a website that asked the question], this was a subject he spotted and wanted to read. He asked if I wanted the real story. I said "OF COURSE!" He got out a map showed me where Haverhill was (North of Boston near the New Hamshire border) where Bob Montana went to high school, the main road down to Bostom has many other small towns, Bob said of all of these towns high schools were constant rivals, then he showed me Somerville right near Boston.

The friend Bob Montana based Jughead on, transfered to Haverhill from Somerville, always wore his S shirt! so there you have it Somerville!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
If I knew how to insert a picture here it would be of a face coming up behind a hand printed sign that reads: Welcome out of Lurk-dom.

But I don't know how so there you go!

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Rob Smith said:
Hey Joel,
Do you know what the "S" on Jughead's shirt stands for? His name is Forsythe P. Jones, he goes to Riverdale High School and before that he went to Riverdale Elementary School. What up with the "S"? This question has plagued me since second grade.
There are some early Archie comics with a superhero called The Shield. I always thought it was a wink to the shield ala Superman, but I could be full of shit.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Judi Coltman said:
If I knew how to insert a picture here it would be of a face coming up behind a hand printed sign that reads: Welcome out of Lurk-dom.

But I don't know how so there you go!
Best I could find.

Here is another, but this one doesn't share the same sentiment. ;D

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
lmao! Love the guy behind the plant.

Having lurkers kinda feels like perfoming for the camera, you know there are people watching, but you don't know whether they're rolling their eyes or applauding. Being a lurker's weird. I've tried it, but it's like a dam building up pressure. Eventaully, I feel like I gotta jump inot the fray and have my say. But then, I've got a big mouth.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anne Frasier said:
i often wonder how many lurkers lurk here in an average day.
We're One.

And we're trying to learn, quietly so the librarian doesn't boot us out, but then somebody like vrabinek lets loose with another shock wave and tea goes up our nose.

This has been the funnest forum ever since AVSIG via TapCis/Compuserve.

Lear

1 - 20 of 22 Posts