Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a historical fantasy writer that's midway through the  process. I'm looking for tons of advice and see that everyone here is so helpful. I hope to post up my present cover, blurb, and book trailer soon to get some feedback before finalizing and can't wait to begin giving others feedback about theirs. This is a fantastic resource for writers and I love how pro self-publishing this forum is. I don't own a kindle (yet). I'll have to look into getting one soon since I'm so tempted to buy so many amazing ebooks promoted on here!

See you around,

Lauren

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Hi, Lauren, and welcome aboard.  Glad to have you with us.  Wishing you every success with your writing.

Dan --

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hi, Lauren, and welcome aboard from a fellow writer and Kindle enthusiast.  Wishing you great success!

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Welcome to the KB

You will find lots of friendly folks here offering advice and encouragement .

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I was also a lurker. It's nice to step into the light. ;) So what sort of historical do you write? I'm always amazed with historical authors since so much research is need before you can even start. Looking forward to seeing your WIP. 

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I write historical fantasy at the moment. The theme of my series jumps around through different eras in time. Although the fantasy aspect gives me a little leeway with the facts, I still do a ton of research. Waiting to gather all my facts and get the feel of an era can be frustrating when you just want to sit down and write. It's even worse for me since I have so many different time periods. Luckily though, I do love to read gripping historical nonfiction and there are so many wonderful books out there. The best part is that I get to learn so much. Since I want to be as authentic as I can be I've just sent out my different vignettes to some experts to double check my facts. Thank the lord I did that since they found some things I interpreted wrong and saved my historical behind!

Always good to have as many different eyes as possible to look over your work before you self-publish and I can't wait to get all of your feedback soon!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome! Doesn't it feel good to be out and about? I lurked for way too long before dipping my toes in.  Now you can't get me out!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IndiaLeeBooks said:
Welcome! Doesn't it feel good to be out and about? I lurked for way too long before dipping my toes in. Now you can't get me out!
That's the problem! Once I join these forums I'm addicted! I have to restrict myself to an hour a day of reading and posting :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts