Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Lynchburg, Virginia (not the more famous one in Tennessee)

I have been lurking on these boards for over a month.  Don't have my Kindle yet - it is a birthday gift from my husband - should arrive before my birthday in March, but hope he lets me open it when it arrives.

I have fallen in love with Oberon covers based on the pictures and comments posted here.  I was planning to order the Forest cover when posted on their website.  But about that time, the February press conference was announced, so I decided to wait.

I have become obsessed with reading about all things Kindle, the anticipation is killing me.  But you have also taught me how to search the Amazon site for the free books, and I have several waiting for me when Kindle arrives.  (Another benefit from reading the boards - told my husband I should place the order, so I could "buy" free books while I wait.)

Looking forward to being a part of such a friendly community!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Lynn, so glad to have you here. This is a friendly bunch. Some might say we are a frenzied bunch, right now, in anticipation of the 2/9/09 press conference but at least we are all here to support each other...

L

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Lynn Ann said:
Greetings from Lynchburg, Virginia (not the more famous one in Tennessee)
Welcome, Lynn Ann!

There's a Lynchburg in Tennessee? ::) I've been to Lynchburg. My husband used to do a 10 mile race there...

I have been lurking on these boards for over a month. Don't have my Kindle yet - it is a birthday gift from my husband - should arrive before my birthday in March, but hope he lets me open it when it arrives.
Congrats on your pending Kindle!

I have become obsessed with reading about all things Kindle, the anticipation is killing me. But you have also taught me how to search the Amazon site for the free books, and I have several waiting for me when Kindle arrives. (Another benefit from reading the boards - told my husband I should place the order, so I could "buy" free books while I wait.)
Don't forget to check out the bargain books--there are many listed at $2 or less!

And you can join our Book Klubs with paper books if you want!

Betsy
Alexandria, VA

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome Lynn Ann!  Glad to have another Virginian aboard.  I live in Virginia Beach and get to travel through Lynchburg often when going to VIR, even stayed there for Camp Jeep.  Love the area.  Again welcome.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Lynn Ann,

Welcome Aboard  :)

You will love your Kindle, no matter which version of the Kindle you get. 

It will be nice to you joining in our community and adding to the wisdom found here.

Marci

1 - 13 of 13 Posts