Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a very pretty black and white BorsaBella bag last week (the size for kindle with cover). My m-edge executive arrived today and, to my dismay, it is an extremely tight fit.  I can (barely) slide it into the BB bag, but then I have to tug on the bag to zip it.  I'm not super happy with the m-edge.  It's so much bigger than the K2.  I guess I hadn't been paying close attention to the measurements.  But, there aren't many choices right now for synthetic but classy looking covers, so... 
Now I need to decide whether to keep it, return it, or exchange it for the platform.  Anyone with experience returning to M-Edge?  Meh.

·
Registered
200 Posts
That is not reassuring.  I have a M-Edge on order and a BorsaBells too ...

We'll see.  I'm having some real reservations about the M-Edge cover, I think it's going to be bulkier than I want.  Argggggg!  I can't make up my mind.  All that I know for sure is that I want a cover so I can take Marvin out of the house!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I totally understand.  I am wondering if the platform would feel less bulky.  It still has some extra space on the left, but it looks like less.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I have the Executive jacket for K1 and the Platform for K2.  The platform is quite a bit thinner and more streamlined than the Executive, but so is the K2 vs. K1.  I hope that makes sense!
Ruby

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
sixxmum said:
I got a very pretty black and white BorsaBella bag last week (the size for kindle with cover). My m-edge executive arrived today and, to my dismay, it is an extremely tight fit. I can (barely) slide it into the BB bag, but then I have to tug on the bag to zip it. I'm not super happy with the m-edge. It's so much bigger than the K2. I guess I hadn't been paying close attention to the measurements. But, there aren't many choices right now for synthetic but classy looking covers, so...
Now I need to decide whether to keep it, return it, or exchange it for the platform. Anyone with experience returning to M-Edge? Meh.
I returned a Red leather M-edge for K1 last year because the spine wouldn't fold back in a straight line and it had lots of wrinkles in it. They were fine about the return. I later bought the same cover through Amazon and it was great. That's my experience with returns to M-edge.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Hey Six,
These are the measurements off the site of the Executive closed.. 8.25in. x 6.25in. x 1in. I would think it would fit if that is accurate, unless the width is the problem? I guess they do not make a cover that does not hold a light? That sucks. I thought that was optional. Can you measure yours and report back if that measurement is accurate?

The platform has this 9in. x 6.25in. x 1in  so I am not how that would fit if your the exec numbers are correct?

Personally I would prefer something more stream line....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Octochick,
I already put it in the mail today.  Oops! :)  I think maybe the Platform may have slightly less bulk because the 1 inch part will be at the top (so not as space consuming) as the on the executive.  But, we'll see.  If you sort of pull up on the Borsa Bella, it will zip, but you have to stretch it a little bit to do it.  Sorry that I didn't think to take measurements.  I'll certainly do the platform when it arrives.  I would still like something a bit more streamlined, but I haven't found one yet that is vegan friendly.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
So it sounds like the good combo is either:

DecalGirl + BorsaBella (slimmer one)
DecalGirl + Medge
DecalGirl + Oberon (+ maybe BorsaBella 'case' version)

Either way... everyone needs skins.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I think if it were me, I'd probably opt for one of the inexpensive neoprene-type netbook sleeves, such as the ones from Target, as a stop gap, and wait for more options to come online.  Right now, there are very few cover choices period, let alone non-leather options--after all, we're only in the second week since the K2 became available to most.  But if you look at the K1 covers out there, you'll find quite a few options we just don't have yet for the K2.  I can't imagine that the majority of those manufacturers are going to just sit back & let M-edge corner the entire market for long.

In 2-4 months, I think it's highly likely there will be covers that suit your needs better than anything currently available.

If the platform really is 9" long, you may not be able to fit it into the BorsaBella at all--my temp cover from an old planner is 9" exactly, and it just barely squeezes past the zipper with some careful manuevering.  If for some reason I was going to continue to use it, I'd have to have a custom bag made for it; the fit is just too tight.  Frankly, with the Oberons measuring out at 8.5" and after seeing pictures today of their thick leather, I'm leery that they'll fit either, and am holding off on ordering my next bag until the cover arrives next week.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have one of Melissas' bags and got my platform yesterday.  It does fit it the bag and zips up without any problem.  It is a snug fit.  I know I've seen lots of messages on here about everyone wanting that snug fit, so here you go.  Like I said I was able to zip it without any problem, but the cover does take up all the space (widthwise) and there wasn't much leftover lengthwise either.  If the cover was any bigger at all, I don't think it would fit.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I know Melissa is working on a wider case for those with M-edge covers. She just sent one that someone special ordered and is awaiting feed back on the fit. She has also sent me the travel bag and a top zip Kindle bag to test. I will post pics as soon ASAP...

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Octochick said:
I know Melissa is working on a wider case for those with M-edge covers. She just sent one that someone special ordered and is awaiting feed back on the fit. She has also sent me the travel bag and a top zip Kindle bag to test. I will post pics as soon ASAP...
I just got my M-edge Prodigy Cover and it is a tight fit in the BorsaBella bag :-[. The case will need to be wider for the M-edge covers. I have ordered two Oberon Covers are hope those fit.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Octochick said:
Please let me know when you hear how the wider case for the M-edge cover works. I would like to get one with a top zip bag that is wider for my M-edge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts