Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I should have it tomorrow. I'll post pictures as soon as I get it.
When did you order it? They told me it would be Dec 15th before it shipped.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I ordered direct from m-edge also, and since you're only a couple of hours from me I can't be too far!  I ordered two weeks ago, so I guess I should e-mail and pester them...thanks!!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
HA!  Here is my response from m-edge:

"Jen,

The e-Luminator is not available yet and none have been shipped.

Regards,

Devon"

Either they don't like me, or they lied to you.....let me know when you get it tomorrow!  :mad:

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I don't know what else they would have shipped me. I don't have anything else ordered  ???  ??? Very confused now and wondering what it is if it's not the light.

M-edge Accessories has sent you a package‏

The following package was shipped to you via the U.S. Postal Service:
Delivery ZIP............21643
Shipment Date...........12/8/08
Mail Class..............Priority Mail
Signature Required......No
Confirmation Number.....910101052129759XXXXXXX

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Well, I don't know what else they would have shipped me. I don't have anything else ordered ??? ??? Very confused now and wondering what it is if it's not the light.

M-edge Accessories has sent you a package‏

The following package was shipped to you via the U.S. Postal Service:
Delivery ZIP............21643
Shipment Date...........12/8/08
Mail Class..............Priority Mail
Signature Required......No
Confirmation Number.....910101052129759XXXXXXX
Maybe it's a surprise from your SO.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Well, post some pictures tomorrow if you get yours, that way I can send them to him and ask what's going on! 

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I replied to his e-mail and told him someone I knew got their shipping notice - plus I threw in my two cents about how they should really update the pictures on the website to reflect the actual colors of the product they are shipping, since the cover I ordered was not at all as pictured.  His reply......

"Jen,

Whoever is quoting the shipping notice, they must be referring to their jacket being shipped.  No e-Luminators are going out right now.  

Thanks for your comments about our website.  We are currently working to update the pictures to better reflect the jacket colors.  Unfortunately, there is just not enough time in each day to work through such a large amount of backorders and do everything else as fast as we'd like.  Getting the products to our customers is our first priority.

Regards,

Devon"

I WANT to say - sure, getting the product to your customers that doesn't look anything like what you advertised....totally understand.  Probably a quite a bit of time spent on returns as well if you're sending out totally different product!  To me, I'd think fixing that would be a priority.
Not so impressed with m-edge so far!  Well, his replies are quick, that's good.  I just read a little snippiness into that response.  
So let us know what you get tomorrow!!  

A

·
0 Posts
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago from Amazon and it's still reading that I won't get it until Jan 20th. I'm dying to know what M-Edge sent you. If you do get the light I'm gonna be a bit annoyed..LOL! I'm taking a long road trip to visit family for the holidays and I'd love to have the light!

Jen, I love my M-Edge cover but I'm not impressed with them either, customer service wise. Maybe if they didn''t constantly offer things for sale they don't actually HAVE IN STOCK they wouldn't have such a backorder problem? Just sayin... ;D

A

·
0 Posts
I just checked my order. They changed the ship date. Now it says "SHIPS 1/26"!! That's over a month longer than the original 12/15 date. Now Amazon says my estimate delivery date is February 12th! This is why I am so NOT impressed with M-Edge. They are just totally clueless. I guess I should have expected this kind of thing seeing how many times they changed the ship date on the covers. Why they keep selling things they don't actually have is beyond me. It's just bad customer service in my opinion.

A

·
0 Posts
They have changed the pics and descriptions for those covers, at least on Amazon. They are now called "Smooth" instead of Marbled. Sorry for those of you who were misled!

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I ordered the new M-Edge cover in Cream/Saddle along with the light back in November via Amazon, and even though there was an estimated ship date of 12/15 I received an e-mail on November 28th stating that my cover and light had both shipped.  The e-mail included a tracking number and a few days later the tracking info still reflected that the item's electronic shipping info had been received by the shipper, but the package had not been received yet for shipment.  So I sent an e-mail to the seller via Amazon to get a status update, and a CSR named Devon responded within a few minutes saying the order had not yet been shipped, but that it would likely ship in 48 hours. Meanwhile, my credit card had been charged for both the light AND the cover on November 28th.  I was not happy about this and after reading about several others having issues, I decided to cancel my order and order an Oberon cover instead.  So within a couple of minutes of receving this response from Devon, I responded directly AND via Amazon asking that the order be cancelled and that I get a refund since the order had not yet been shipped.  Well, I never received a response, and Amazon said to give them a few days.  So yesterday I sent another follow-up e-mail to M-Edge via Amazon stating that I never received a response to my request for cancellation, and now it was too late to cancel since the order had shipped out 2 days ago even though this Devon guy said that he DID receive my e-mail requesting the order be cancelled!  Best part is, the light hadn't shipped yet, but I got charged for it anyway.  Did I mention I paid for expedited shipping?  I don't know about you guys, but to me expedited shipping should have gotten my package to me a lot sooner than 10 days after the confirmation e-mail was sent out.

Best part is, I'm out of town all week this week and this package was sent out without a signature required.  Since I live in an apartment complex that does not have a locked entry, I was worried about the package disappearing before I return next week.  So I sent Devon an e-mail stating (thinking I'd be considerate since I'm assuming that if the package goes missing they'd be the ones out the $50) suggesting that since the package was going to be returned anyway for a full refund (I'm a sucker for customer service, I will not spend my money on companies that are nasty to their customers!) that he might contact USPS as the seller asking the package be picked up and returned to them.  He responded suggesting I contact a neighbor and ask them to go pick it up for me until I can return it myself! 

So now, am I being unreasonable here being peeved with M-Edge for shipping out an order 3 days after I requested the cancellation?  A cancellation request that this Devon guy admits to having received?  Do I request a full refund including shipping costs, bearing in mind that this package was not sent out with the expedited shipping quote of 1-3 days?  What if the package isn't on my doorstep when I return home?  I consider myself a fair person and I can't help but feel that I am entitled to a full refund (including shipping) just due to the fact that he admitted to receiving my cancellation request, so even if the package gets "lost", do you guys think I'm being unreasonable expecting a refund?  I won't consider having them send me a replacement since I can't see supporting a company that has some questionable customer service attitudes.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I completely agree with you.  I myself have had some e-mails back and forth with Devon from M-edge, and yesterday felt I got a very snippy response.  I was also charged for the case and the light a week before it shipped, then when the case finally shipped it was nothing like the picture.  I sent him an e-mail just saying that I thought it would be wise to update the pictures to accurately reflect what they're selling (several people are upset) and he sent back a snippy response that they were more concerned with getting product to their customers than updating pictures, there isn't enough time to do it all.  Really?  No concern with selling product nothing like you're advertising?  Okey dokey. 

The case I got was not what I thought I was ordering, but it's okay enough.  I contemplated returning it, but decided to keep it anyway.  Not real impressed with their service though. 

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I noticed that, although I STILL think they should actually update thier pictures!!!  I heard they had production issues with the marbled - fine, no problem.  I know I've harped on this in several different posts, but seriously - if you're advertising pictures of the prototype that didn't really work, and you're sending out a different product - how hard is it to change the pictures?! 
Okay, I'll stop now. 

A

·
0 Posts
Jen said:
I noticed that, although I STILL think they should actually update thier pictures!!! I heard they had production issues with the marbled - fine, no problem. I know I've harped on this in several different posts, but seriously - if you're advertising pictures of the prototype that didn't really work, and you're sending out a different product - how hard is it to change the pictures?!
Okay, I'll stop now.
Um..did you actually read my post? I said they changed the descriptions AND pictures and if you go to Amazon you'll see for yourself. Not sure why you are ranting? Again, my post said the pics HAVE been changed.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
Um..did you actually read my post? I said they changed the descriptions AND pictures and if you go to Amazon you'll see for yourself. Not sure why you are ranting? Again, my post said the pics HAVE been changed.
Does your post have a typo? Should it be "now" instead of "not"? That might explain Jen's confusion because as written, your post is not entirely clear--at least not to me.

L

A

·
0 Posts
I don't know what's going on with M-Edge but it appears there are a lot of lies coming from them. First they say the light won't ship til 12/15, then 1/26, now some people are being told their lights have shipped while others have been told the light still hasn't shipped and won't til 12/15 while the Amazon site now says 1/26!! Who knows what to believe??

I love my cover and will keep my order for my light but as of now I don't think I'll ever do business with them again, unless they get their act together. Selling stock you don't have, pushing shipping dates back repeatedly and being rude to customers..well it all leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts