Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went to the Kindle Store and clicked on 'Kindle 2 accessories'/'M-edge Covers', only the platform style is shown.  But from the main Amazon page/All Departments, if I type in "M-edge Executive Jacket for Kindle 2", the non-platform style pops up.  Strange.  They are there and offer the free shipping but are hard to find.

·
Registered
736 Posts
DD said:
When I went to the Kindle Store and clicked on 'Kindle 2 accessories'/'M-edge Covers', only the platform style is shown. But from the main Amazon page/All Departments, if I type in "M-edge Executive Jacket for Kindle 2", the non-platform style pops up. Strange. They are there and offer the free shipping but are hard to find.
DD -- Thanks for posting that. I tried to find the non-platform M-edge and couldn't until I saw your post.

Does anyone know how effectively the M-edge folds back? I've heard conflicting stories about how easily it folds back and whether there's extra room at the spine.

For night lighting, does the M-edge require its own special light or can you use a Mighty Bright? I've also heard conflicting stories about glare with the e-illuminator.

Thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the M-edge executive leather cover for K1 and it folds back easily and is comfortable to hold.  The spine is a little wider but with a the M-edge illuminator, fits perfectly.  The light is flexible, so with a little adjustment, there is no glare.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
libro said:
DD -- Thanks for posting that. I tried to find the non-platform M-edge and couldn't until I saw your post.

Does anyone know how effectively the M-edge folds back? I've heard conflicting stories about how easily it folds back and whether there's extra room at the spine.

For night lighting, does the M-edge require its own special light or can you use a Mighty Bright? I've also heard conflicting stories about glare with the e-illuminator.

Thanks!
I have two M-edge covers (1st generation) for K1 and both of the spines fold back easily. I had the red leather one first and the spine kind of softens up with use and looks a little wrinkled but still beautiful. I then bought the pebbled saddle and, actually, like it better. The pebbled leather is sturdier and mine, which is almost always folded back, looks like the day I got it several months ago. I use the mighty bright light clipped to the folded back front cover and it works great for me.

·
Registered
736 Posts
DD -- Hope you don't mind my asking repeated questions about the M-Edge.  Just want to clarify a few things because I'm considering putting it in my basket. 

So, are you saying you just don't use the e-illuminator slot and instead clip your Mighty Bright on the M-Edge when needed?  Do you have the M-Edge that folds back like a book?

I love pebbled leather and find it very sturdy....most of my purses are pebbled leather and hold it very well.

Thanks, DD.

·
Registered
224 Posts
DD said:
I have two M-edge covers (1st generation) for K1 and both of the spines fold back easily. I had the red leather one first and the spine kind of softens up with use and looks a little wrinkled but still beautiful. I then bought the pebbled saddle and, actually, like it better. The pebbled leather is sturdier and mine, which is almost always folded back, looks like the day I got it several months ago. I use the mighty bright light clipped to the folded back front cover and it works great for me.
I have the red leather cover as well but was thinking about getting the pebbled saddle for my K2. Glad to hear you like it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
libro said:
DD -- Hope you don't mind my asking repeated questions about the M-Edge. Just want to clarify a few things because I'm considering putting it in my basket.

So, are you saying you just don't use the e-illuminator slot and instead clip your Mighty Bright on the M-Edge when needed? Do you have the M-Edge that folds back like a book?

I love pebbled leather and find it very sturdy....most of my purses are pebbled leather and hold it very well.

Thanks, DD.
The first gen medge covers didnt have a spot for the medge light. That came with the second generation.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Libro, Benjamin is right. Both my covers were purchased before the eluminator lights existed. There is a power adapter available for the mighty bright. I read in bed a lot so I keep it plugged in on my bedside table to save on batteries.

Don't mind questions at0 all. Goodness knows I've asked enough of them!

·
Registered
202 Posts
OK, this board is killing me... I just ordered the mighty bright light with adapter since I read in bed alot and don't want to burn through batteries either....  Now, I'll have the e-illuminator (once they allow me to order it) and the m-edge leather cover in mocha/saddle (once they finally ship it), and the mighty bright with adapter!  I need to stop reading this accessories board  :eek:  I don't even have my kindle yet  :mad:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
k_reader said:
OK, this board is killing me... I just ordered the mighty bright light with adapter since I read in bed alot and don't want to burn through batteries either.... Now, I'll have the e-illuminator (once they allow me to order it) and the m-edge leather cover in mocha/saddle (once they finally ship it), and the mighty bright with adapter! I need to stop reading this accessories board :eek: I don't even have my kindle yet :mad:
You will love those products, k_reader. I have the same ones for my Kindle 1. The power adapter is great for the light - long enough cord to keep in plugged in next to the bed while reading. Enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts