Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I love the new locking mechanism; no more side straps or velcro!  M-Edge must have had a Kindle 2 in order to implement this feature so quickly!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a question about the new leather platform jacket. I am in between ordering the executive jacket and the leather platform jacket.
I have small hands and like to read with one hand holding the Kindle in a case. I fold the case back and hold the kindle in one hand while reading.
I like the idea of also being able to sit the kindle on a table with this new platform jacket. Do you think I will  be able to fold the platform jacket flat and read with one hand, if I don't want to sit it on a table?

Vicki

·
Registered
202 Posts
Has anyone ever gotten free shipping from the m-edge site?  I want to order my Kindle 2 case (glad I didn't order it previously) but don't want to pay shipping.  Amazon doesn't show the kindle 2 case yet.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I am seeing, the first K2's are going to be shipped at the end of Feb beinging of March. Give M-edge time, they might get their cases up on the Amazon website in the next few days.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Lilly said:
I love the new locking mechanism; no more side straps or velcro! M-Edge must have had a Kindle 2 in order to implement this feature so quickly!
I love that too, that is a big plus over the way those expensive Cole Haan ones. That green leather one has me salivating a bit. I may just crumble and buy the K2, I feel myself getting weaker!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I e-mailed M-Edge about the cover and light I bought for K1 and if I could exchange it for accesories for K2
The answer is..... YES
Here's the e-mail answer:

Laura, 
The Kindle 2 has different dimensions than the Kindle 1.  M-Edge is updating our line of jackets to accommodate the Kindle 2, available end of Feb./beginning of March. The Kindle 2 jackets will also have the same pocket for our e-Luminator booklight (sold separately and available to order March 2009 or compatible with existing e-Luminator light if you already have one). You can do an even exchange with your Kindle 1 jacket. We are also introducing a new line of Platform jackets (to act as a bookstand) and adding purple and pink to our Genuine Leather Executive jacket line. Please visit www.buymedge.com to view our Kindle 2 jackets. Please select the Kindle 2 jacket at the SAME price point as your Kindle 1 jacket for your exchange. Please ship your Kindle 1 jacket with a copy of your packing slip (with shipping address visible and desired Kindle 2 jacket choice - same price point) to:

M-Edge Accessories
c/o Exchange K2
PMB 353
1121 Annapolis Rd
Odenton, MD  21113

Any questions please let me know.
Thank you,
Sara
Team M-Edge

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I'm very glad that M-Edge is offering an exchange.

I have to say, I do like the platform cover. I did like the color of the Sapphire Blue M-Edge, but didn't like how it folded back. With the platform, I wouldn't have to worry about it folding back...

hhmmm. decisions, decisions.

Did anybody else notice in the pictures the M-Edge puts the light in upside down? That's how my daughter uses hers.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out about the light.  I'm going to try it tonight as I have trouble getting it positioned just right when it's placed the way the instructions advise.

·
Registered
320 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Did anybody else notice in the pictures the M-Edge puts the light in upside down? That's how my daughter uses hers.
I did notice that. Maybe they forgot to tell us to do that. lol. It was probably your post when I looked at it I put the insert part of the light down at the bottom and wondered how the K would hold the light in there for you to read. Oh well. Its good to know, but seems a bit annoying to move the light about, but for the convince of a light right there I'll let it slide.

vlapinta said:
I have a question about the new leather platform jacket. I am in between ordering the executive jacket and the leather platform jacket.
I have small hands and like to read with one hand holding the Kindle in a case. I fold the case back and hold the kindle in one hand while reading.
I like the idea of also being able to sit the kindle on a table with this new platform jacket. Do you think I will be able to fold the platform jacket flat and read with one hand, if I don't want to sit it on a table?

Vicki
I don't have small hands, but I like the idea of a bookstand cover as well. My worry is will the light stick out when not in use. The pictures make me wonder. Also, the plus to the exec jacket is that I have a side to block the light from DH when reading in bed. Glad he sleeps to my left. :)

LSbookend

·
Registered
294 Posts
Wow, M-Edge is on top of this!  I like the platform jacket...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can anyone tell me if there is any real difference between the non-leather and leather M-Edge? Is it truly worth the extra $20 or so to upgrade?

·
Registered
679 Posts
ricky said:
Wow, M-Edge is on top of this! I like the platform jacket...
So do i... and am disappointed they do not have one for Klassic Kindle. makes me wonder if they are still going to be making the original covers...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Anyone notice that the Cole Haan covers all use the straps on the 4 edges of the cover instead of the "hinge" system like the amazon cover has (and the m-edge Kindle 2 cover has).. Since the M-edge Kindle 1 cover is already 8 inches long, I bet they are using the exact same layout for the K2 cover, except removing the leather straps, and adding the hinge hooks. That way they don't need to make any real size changes to the cover. 

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'd really like to get a better look at the "locking mechanism" for the new ones into the cases.  The MEdge picture doesn't look that secure really, and the Amazon version doesn't even show a photo of the inside of their case.  The old four corners ones might be better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
k_reader said:
Anyone notice that the Cole Haan covers all use the straps on the 4 edges of the cover instead of the "hinge" system like the amazon cover has (and the m-edge Kindle 2 cover has).. Since the M-edge Kindle 1 cover is already 8 inches long, I bet they are using the exact same layout for the K2 cover, except removing the leather straps, and adding the hinge hooks. That way they don't need to make any real size changes to the cover.
I just measured, my M-edge Kindle 1 leather cover is only 7 3/4 inches long, so there's no way they could use the same layout for the K2. But yeah, I would prefer if the new one had straps too...

Dirk

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thank you Dirk for measuring.  That's interesting since the amazon site had said it was 8 inches.  Its great to get a real measurment!

1 - 20 of 107 Posts