Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! First time poster on the Kindle forums though I've been "Kindling" since December '07. I wish I'd found this board sooner! Anyway, my question goes out to any of you who may have purchased the M-Edge Leisure Jacket (or M-Edge products in general). I really want something that will protect my Kindle at the gym from sweat, possible spills and failing willpower. This jacket seems to be exactly what I'm looking for but I read some reviews on Amazon that really made me nervous... like some instances of a horrible odor, ill fitting design leads to page turning, etc. I DON'T care about being able to reach the power buttons as it will only be in this case while I'm running on the treadmill or biking. I just want to know if these are isolated incidents or should I count on being the kid with the stinky Kindle... Any advice you may have is appreciated!

Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/M-edge-Leisure-Jacket-Amazon-Kindle/dp/B001C5PI8G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_12?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1232418777&sr=8-12

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I don't have a leisure jacket so I can't comment - but I want to welcome you to the board.  You should go the the Introductions and Welcome section and introduce yourself. 

Isn't the odor just a plastic smell?  I thought that would go away after it get's aired out a bit? 
But hey, what do I know, I don't have that cover.  It does sound like it would be a very good idea for the gym though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I'll make my way over there and introduce myself tonight, time allowing.

It may have been just the one guy who had that happen.
Source:
Good Idea but cheaply made, January 5, 2009
By M. R. Phillips "M Phillips" (Jacksonville FL) - See all my reviews

I ordered this as my first accessory and was disappointed when it came. I have no idea what the back "faux suede" is made of but it smells so toxic that if I put my Kindle in it and try to hold it in my hands and read my eyes start watering. It smells like they must have treated the materials in gas. I left it outside for several days hoping to air it out but so far it still smells up whatever room it's in.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have one and think it is ok.
The smell is just a plastic one that fades in a few days.
It is not a tight fit, but as it zips all the way around, it's not like it will fall out/off.
It will definitely protect it from sweat, there is just the little opening around the scroll wheel.

I got it for the beach and camping.  Works fine, but I do notice a glare through the plastic,
and I have never felt completely comfortable holding it.  But on a treadmill, guess that wouldn't be a problem.

So, I guess I would say while it is not WONDERFUL!! it serves it's purpose. 

oops, just read your post above, didn't realise you already had it!  Mine smelled, but only for the first few days with no special airing out involved.  Maybe you got a "stinker"

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sorry I should have specified: I don't have the case, that was a quote from an Amazon reviewer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts