Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so some of you may recall I purchased an M-Edge cover for my K2 and decided to cancel my order for an Oberon. Well M-Edge told me write "return to sender, refuse package" on the front and leave the box unopened.

i did all of the above and shipped the package back- only to have it returned to me 4 days later. WHY? Because M-Edge packages their boxes with packaging tape around the outside and now USPS thinks it's been opened and wants me to pay $4.55 for S&H......oh H*ll no.......and low and behold M-edge isn't answering their phones and USPS is closed for the afternoon until Monday. And top it off they are only open M-F during my work hours.

I have sent M-edge an email stating I now need a return invoice from them before I can ship it back but so far no answer............I am madder than mad and I will be calling my CC company to stop payment on this purchase if this is not resolved quickly.

Sorry had to vent

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
they do take a day or two but always return calls.. I had to leave them an email with my number twice and they got back to me same afternoon.. so be patient.. they DO call.. I was like you.. annoyed.. but once I got them on the phone they couldn't have been nicer..

·
Registered
168 Posts
I really fail to see what m-edge did wrong here.  You ordered their product then changed your mind before you received it.  They told you what you needed to do to return it and the USPS decided it had been opened when it hadn't.  Shouldn't you be mad at the USPS?  You're then upset that M-Edge isn't open on Saturday and that they work normal business hours!?

You're really going to hate Oberon then.  They work normal business hours too.  They don't have a return policy *at all*, unlike M-Edge.  By your standards Oberon will be the absolute bottom of the barrel.
By most other people's standards, both companies are quite friendly.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm upset at M-Edge for their packaging jobs.....if they didn't package their products as though they had been previously opened none of this would have occurred. And Yes I'm mad at USPS as well- but that's another thread  :D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
To be fair Medge NEVER answers phones.. you can NOT get a live person period... they contact you.. now they will handle it but on their time table.

I am going to defend oberon here.. they will do everything right to make sure you are happy. and FYI they have a live person M-F and you are not sent to a phone tree.. they also are a small family company  not a large one. Everything is hand made here in the US.. you will never go to voice mail with oberon

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am more than certain Oberon will take care of me. I have read nothing but good about them and a lot of bad about M-Edge. I am anxiously awaiting my Oberon and I chose carefully as I knew there were no returns. You don't need to defend Oberon to me......I'm already a fan and I don't even have my cover yet!

Oberon is also located an hour from me and 3 minutes from where I used to live! One day I'd even like to tour their factory and perhaps post photos of the manufacturing process of Kindle Covers for all the fans! But that's for another day! ;)

·
Registered
9,167 Posts
Nothing wrong with venting about something here either - someone else may have a similar situation and have good advice.  I don't think being upset about M-edge/USPS equates to automatically hating Oberon at all!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
Because M-Edge packages their boxes with packaging tape around the outside and now USPS thinks it's been opened and wants me to pay $4.55 for S&H......oh H*ll no....... And top it off they are only open M-F during my work hours.
I guess I don't understand how they are supposed to seal their boxes if not on the outside? I've received 3 different packages from M-Edge and none of them looked as though they had been opened and re-taped. As far as M-Edge only being open during your work hours-surely you have a lunch or break period where you can call them?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I understand your frustration but it seems to me you are venting at M-Edge without giving them a chance.  I have found their customer service may take a day or two to get back but have always been nothing short of accommodating.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ruby- to clarify USPS is only open during my work hours- not M-Edge. And my USPS is not close enough to my work to allow me to go on lunch break. [Not to mention that during my "lunch break" I attend classes.] ;D

If they prove to be accommodating I will of course update this post with the resolution and good customer service.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Patrizia said:
I am going to defend oberon here.. they will do everything right to make sure you are happy. and FYI they have a live person M-F and you are not sent to a phone tree.. they also are a small family company not a large one.
I keep seeing this alot here on these boards. How 'big' is m-edge and how is it you would know? If I had to guess, I'd say M-Edge is actually a pretty small company.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Hey, she felt the need to vent, hurts no one.
We hear her, exchange condolances and advice, everyone feels better, the world goes on.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
Ruby- to clarify USPS is only open during my work hours- not M-Edge. And my USPS is not close enough to my work to allow me to go on lunch break. [Not to mention that during my "lunch break" I attend classes.] ;D

If they prove to be accommodating I will of course update this post with the resolution and good customer service.
I misread your post and thought you were talking about M-E being open only during your work hours. Sounds like you will have to adjust your schedule one day to get to the PO in order to work this out, or go on Saturday morning when they are open. I have also read alot of good things about M-E's CS. People have had "issues" and they have been resolved. Good luck to you!

A

·
0 Posts
Wow..such hostility..shouldn't your anger be directed at USPS not M-Edge? Frankly, since there is nothing wrong with the cover, you just changed your mind, you should be responsible for shipping, not M-Edge. $4.55 is not a big deal.  I'm sure they'll get back to you on Monday. Sorry they work normal business hours, but all you need is a little patience. I think you're really overreacting. Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm sure they'll take care of the issue for you, and with all due respect, this has more to do with you changing your mind than what they've done. The post is mostly at fault, not the product provider. In any case, I hope it's taken care of to both parties satisfaction.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Wow, sounds to me like March madness isn't just on the basketball court! (Did your team lose? Mine did--Maryland lost to Memphis today. Sigh.) Fortunately, I didn't spend the afternoon watching them lose, I went to see Jesus Christ Superstar with the original Jesus (Ted Neeley, not the Son of God.)

Let's everyone take a cleansing breath---here we go:

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It's very frustrating when things go wrong, no matter whose fault it is. I understand completely the necessity to vent, Pomlover! As frustrating as it is, seems like you'll have to wait until Monday to hear back from M-edge. I would definitely send them an email, as Patrizia said, and you can do that now.

Please let us know the resolution on this, Pomlover, and please let us know how your Oberon cover is when you get it!

Let's move on, folks, unless you have something helpful!! Thanks!

Betsy

·
Registered
615 Posts
intinst (or 1204 if you prefer) said:
Hey, she felt the need to vent, hurts no one.
We hear her, exchange condolances and advice, everyone feels better, the world goes on.
Both M-Edge and Oberon are smaller companies. I think it's dangerous how easily one can hurt a company by a thread header and a variety of complaints and instant unhappiness when a person has changed her mind AFTER buying something and the company -will- accept a return and has been generous in accepting exchanges after the sudden K2 brouhaha.

If it were me, able to spend $75 + whatever on an item (or several of those items) and had changed my mind on another item, I wouldn't be bad mouthing the first company because they weren't available immediately and near the weekend, over a $5 misunderstanding that had just happened.

I'm bothered lately by a certain amount of badmouthing of M-Edge for no reason I can discern except that their less expensive items are not as personalized nor artisan as Oberon's. I'd like to see both companies survive well. They've been good to us customers. i have no reason to yell at M-Edge and I'm not sure everyone realizes how harmful a piece like that is, which is why someone said to give them
a chance. The Net is too quick. In this economy all companies that are good-willed deserve a break.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
artsandhistoryfan said:
I'm bothered lately by a certain amount of badmouthing of M-Edge for no reason I can discern except that their less expensive items are not as personalized nor artisan as Oberon's. I'd like to see both companies survive well. They've been good to us customers. i have no reason to yell at M-Edge and I'm not sure everyone realizes how harmful a piece like that is, which is why someone said to give them a chance. The Net is too quick. In this economy all companies that are good-willed deserve a break.
The above statement makes a lot of sense to me. I fully sympathize with Pomlover over the frustatration of this situation. I have two M-edge covers and love them. In fact I much prefer them over the Oberon, although I must admit to being a minority on that issue. M-edge has been wonderful to work with. I trust that this will be resolved to your satisfaction, Pom.

·
Registered
377 Posts
artsandhistoryfan said:
Both M-Edge and Oberon are smaller companies. I think it's dangerous how easily one can hurt a company by a thread header and a variety of complaints and instant unhappiness when a person has changed her mind AFTER buying something and the company -will- accept a return and has been generous in accepting exchanges after the sudden K2 brouhaha.

If it were me, able to spend $75 + whatever on an item (or several of those items) and had changed my mind on another item, I wouldn't be bad mouthing the first company because they weren't available immediately and near the weekend, over a $5 misunderstanding that had just happened.

I'm bothered lately by a certain amount of badmouthing of M-Edge for no reason I can discern except that their less expensive items are not as personalized nor artisan as Oberon's. I'd like to see both companies survive well. They've been good to us customers. i have no reason to yell at M-Edge and I'm not sure everyone realizes how harmful a piece like that is, which is why someone said to give them
a chance. The Net is too quick. In this economy all companies that are good-willed deserve a break.
Very well said. I agree wholeheartedly.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts