Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my platform case (pre-ordered off of Amazon on Feb 17), so I thought I would share some pics:

I really love the feel and quality. Even though it's fake leather, it feels very soft and has a great build.

If you have any questions about it, let me know!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Very nice, Ernest. Thanks for posting the pictures! And I see you're sort of new here, so welcome! Glad to have you on board.

L

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Great photos!  I have mine in Pebbled Navy and love it.  It's very comfortable to hold for reading and nice looking too.  Enjoy your new K and cover!
Ruby

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn't seem to add much weight to the Kindle.  Although, I'm probably a terrible judge of the actual weight.

Also, I really can't tell if the interior is real or fake suede.  My guess is that it's real.

·
Registered
82 Posts
WOW, that is beautiful.  I have a grey with black band on order.  Can't wait to try it with the new light (whenever that comes out).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Looks very nice! Have you tried the note-book kind? I am wondering which is easier to hold while reading.  How much extra edge is there on both sides of the kindle? Looks about 3/4"??

·
Registered
308 Posts
Both the leather & the non-leather have the exact same interior. It is microfiber. The non-leather case looks nice. I have had both leather & non-leather from them in the past and have found the quality for the non-leather to be great. Some companies really cheapen up cases if its non-leather. M-edge doesn't. I'm now considering the non-leather royal blue platform case. Looks less bulky than the leather ones. Easier to clean as well. I don't personally care of its leather or not. And I was thinking about navy blue anyway so the colors would be close. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Great shots of the cover!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks so much for those pictures. I have a leather platform on order but because I was impatient for it to ship, I ordered the cover from Amazon and I like it so much, was considering canceling the platform. But now that I see it, am going to let it ship. I am selling my Kindle 1 on Ebay with it's Executive leather cover that I liked a lot. Now, am waiting for the new light to come out. I have the first one and noticed that it dimmed after just a little use. Got new batteries and will see how that helps. I don't use them that often - mainly reading on planes - so it's only every couple of months.

Dottie

·
Registered
615 Posts
ErnestS said:
Just got my platform case (pre-ordered off of Amazon on Feb 17), so I thought I would share some pics:

I really love the feel and quality. Even though it's fake leather, it feels very soft and has a great build.

If you have any questions about it, let me know!
Medge and Oberon should use you to photograph their colors and textures. Great job!

That ledge. I've found that even with the beautifully fitting and thin but protective Amazon cover, I miss that ledge. The hand has to hold a bigger chunk (after having been used to my Exec Medge for the K1) if holding both the jacket and kindle with thumb on the Kindle. It's a little tiring, which has led to my taking the Kindle out, the last two days, and enjoying that.

The ledge make it less tiring to hold with one hand, so though it's 9" tall you may have sold me on the Platform as my alternative, cafe K2 jacket. Also, I like the E-Luminator for emergency duty when out at night.

Now I'm wondering about weight of leather vs the non-leather one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have a Jade leather platform cover and I really like it.  It's a tad bit heavier than I would prefer, but I like having the ledge on hold onto and the design is working well for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
artsandhistoryfan said:
A little off-topic:
I love the lack of 'noise' with the Digital Rebel when using available light indoors.
I have one also but I use it only with a 70-300mm lens. What normal lens did you
choose for your Rebel? I love your results.
I used a Canon EF 35mm f/2 wide angle lens with my digital Rebel. It's an inexpensive prime lens (bought it new three years ago for $120), but works great in low light conditions. In fact, I've used this lens more than any other lens that I own.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts