Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
This is new....... m-edge is driving me a little crazy.  As you noted, amazon shows this "prodigy" jacket available in 6 to 10 DAYS.  The "executive" jacket shows 2 to 3 weeks........ but the medge site makes no mention of the "prodigy" jacket.  Anyway, I'm on the fence... I have the "executive" with the 4 corners on order from m-edge.  Not sure what the benenfit is to the spine clips.  I've heard the 4 corners are very secure.  What to do...???????

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thank you for posting this.  Others' reviews of the Amazon jacket with the clip system were very good so I am planning on changing my order of the M-Edge Executive fto the M-Edge Prodigy.  Just sent an e-mail to see if M-edge will just make the change prior to shipping or whether I need to order the Prodigy and return the Executive when it gets here.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WRT the Amazon cover, I felt the advantage to the clips is that I don't like the look of the diagonal corners. I like an unobstructed "floating" kindle, yet without velcro. But this cover DOES have two corner elastics... I am SO conflicted about what case/cover to get....

One question for people with a M-Edge cover... that flap that holds it closed... can you tuck it behind the kindle? I don't really like it sticking out while I'm reading. Also, it looks like it slides into something on the front... how does it stay in? Just friction?

Cathy

·
Registered
224 Posts
vermontcathy said:
One question for people with a M-Edge cover... that flap that holds it closed... can you tuck it behind the kindle? I don't really like it sticking out while I'm reading. Also, it looks like it slides into something on the front... how does it stay in? Just friction?
I have the M-edge K1 cover and the flap easily and completely inserts into a small pocket on the front of the cover when you fold the cover all the way back. It stays in as much (or little) as you like. I pull mine out a bit when I occasionally hold the Kindle with my hand between the covers on the right hand side.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ConnieK said:
I have the M-edge K1 cover and the flap easily and completely inserts into a small pocket on the front of the cover when you fold the cover all the way back. It stays in as much (or little) as you like. I pull mine out a bit when I occasionally hold the Kindle with my hand between the covers on the right hand side.
Right, but I might want to just hold the cover open, not folded back. In that case I'm wondering about the strap. I have a PDA with a similarly designed cover and the flap gets in the way, flapping over the device itself. So I was wondering if could be tucked between the kindle and the back cover, or if it's too thick...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think I just decided... I'm sticking with the 4 corners since they are well liked by other posters on this board.  I think the clicking of the hooks to get the kindle out would probably annoy me and I don't want to scratch the side of the kindle with the attemps to get the thing in and out of the hinge. These are minimal reasons since I'm planning on Always keeping the kindle in the case anyway.. but I have to decide somehow so that was it.

Thanks for all the info everyone!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm not sure if the picture is completely accurate or not, but it looks like the spine area will not fold back along the middle of the spine (it looks like it folds back along the front of the spine).  This might be a dealbreaker for me. 

First off, I'm a bit OCD, and it would irk me whenever I tried to hold my Kindle in the right hand (you'd have to hold 2 cover flaps of separate lengths).

Next, over time, the leather along the fold would wear and crease...and the crease would be at the front of the cover, not along the side (much more obtrusive than along the side).

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
They're driving me crazy and I'm probably driving them crazy too. lol  I've cancelled orders several times b/c I can't decide what I want and they keep changing the choices!!  Right now I have a platform cover on order (will not ship until sometime mid-March) b/c I thought it might come in handy - but at this point I'm tempted to cancel it and just use 1 or maybe 2 Oberons!  After everything I've seen and read, they are the only ones that I feel like I'm really going to enjoy having.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ConnieK said:
Gotcha. I just tried it and the flap does fit between the kindle and back cover. It's a snug fit, but you can definitely do that.
Disregard that. With the flap inserted behind the Kindle, it effects the "Next Page" function on K1.

Also with regard to folding the cover back, I think it does depend on the type of cover selected. I have had a smooth leather cover for a couple of months - it folds back very easily and flat. I just received the pebbled black version and it is much more stiff and difficult to fold flat. I realize part of that is because it is new, but I still don't see ever being able to fold it as flat as the smooth leather one.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't like the look of this case. I like the cleaner look of amazon's case. Why would they add 2 corner straps along with the hinges? I always loved the look of my Sony Reader in cases made by Sony. I am glad amazon has followed suit with the new design.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Lisanr said:
I don't like the look of this case. I like the cleaner look of amazon's case. Why would they add 2 corner straps along with the hinges? I always loved the look of my Sony Reader in cases made by Sony. I am glad amazon has followed suit with the new design.
I think so it doesn't flop around in the case. I actually like this feature, and I like the closure and color choices. I had the Sony case and didn't like it. Thankfully there are so many choices available, there is something for everyone!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I ordered the Platform case - this one is exactly what I would have bought if I knew it was available - so I just went to amazon and since I couldn't see a way to cancel the order to order the new one so I contacted M-Edge to see if they can help me - fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
rho said:
I ordered the Platform case - this one is exactly what I would have bought if I knew it was available - so I just went to amazon and since I couldn't see a way to cancel the order to order the new one so I contacted M-Edge to see if they can help me - fingers crossed.
Yes, I've already done that once. lol They will need to cancel the order and then you can place a new order for the style you want.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
My sister is also waiting on the sidelines.... waiting to see what others order and what they have to say about it.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I already made a change in my M Edge order, which did involve them cancelling my first order and then I placed the new order.  They got back to me quickly when I contacted them.  This is interesting but I think I'll stick to the platform for now, whenever it arrives.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I ordered the M-Edge case when it was first posted, and now my order shows that it it for the Prodigy case.  I am also expecting the Amazon case tomorrow, since I just don't like to be without a case. 

I'll post a comparison of them both when I receive.  I have the M-edge 4 corner tab case for my Kindle 1 (or had, it is off to a new home) but I think for Kindle 2 (no name yet) I am going to like the simple hinge with two tabs design of the prodigy case.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'm sticking with the platform case for now too.  I can imagine it being quite handy and easier to hold, but only time will tell.

Right now it's driving me crazy not having a cover on it.  I have a case but I have to take it out to read and I don't like the feel of it without a cover.  It's not bothering me enough to order the Amazon cover however, so I'll wait.

I'll wait until the platform and the Oberon get here and then decide if I want to try the prodigy cover.  There may not be a need and I don't want to have to hook and unhook it all the time as I change cases -- same reason I don't want velcro.  My Kindle wants to be free to roam. lol

1 - 20 of 53 Posts