Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a new cover for my Kindle.  Can anyone compare the M-Edge cover to the Stylz Avantgarde or Cosmo covers?

I can't decide between the 2.  I kind of like the cut-out on the back of the Stylz, but there seems to be more discussion about the M-Edge.

Any suggestions?
karen

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have both now. 

I think the Stylz Avantgarde is gorgeous - more so than the M-edge.  The croco trim on black leather is very stylish.   I also love having the holes in the back of the Stylz.  I was always stretching the corners of my M-edge so that I could turn the Kindle on and off.

The Stylz is heavier than the M-edge but not enough that it bothers me.

On the other hand the M-edge holds the Kindle sturdier.  To compensate - I added a 3M strip (like velcro) behind the Kindle so that it is more sturdy in the Stylz.

I find both comfortable to fold back when I hold it.   That was important to me and why I didn't like the Oberon. 

All in all - I like the Stylz Avantgarde more than the M-edge which says a lot since I really do like the M-edge.   It's just so pretty.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
BorderCollieLady,

thanks for the head-to-head comparison on the M-edge vs Stylz!  I've only got the Oberon and the original.  I know you didn't like the feel of the wool on the Oberon, but I was fine with it and I love the cover, so I'm unlikely to buy another cover for awhile!  It's great to hear a detailed reveiw of the M-edge and Stylz!

Betsy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Stylz cover and love it. It actually weighs more than the Kindle but I love the the feel and it adds the thickness which feels great in my hand. I also like the card slots, SD card slots and all the slots for storage. The hole for the switches is great.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have neither so can't compare. 

However, I am leaning towards the M-Edge because I want a built in light.  At one point, I wanted a cutout in the back, but its not as important to me anymore. Some have reported taking their leather covers to a cobbler and successfully had a hole punched for the switches.  (I haven't tried it though).

·
Registered
60 Posts
bordercollielady said:
I have both now.

I think the Stylz Avantgarde is gorgeous - more so than the M-edge. The croco trim on black leather is very stylish. I also love having the holes in the back of the Stylz. I was always stretching the corners of my M-edge so that I could turn the Kindle on and off.

The Stylz is heavier than the M-edge but not enough that it bothers me.

On the other hand the M-edge holds the Kindle sturdier. To compensate - I added a 3M strip (like velcro) behind the Kindle so that it is more sturdy in the Stylz.

I find both comfortable to fold back when I hold it. That was important to me and why I didn't like the Oberon.

I haven't gotten my Kindle yet, but also noticed the Stylz cover after thinking about purchasing the M-edge in blue. I like that the Stylz has the cutouts in the back for the switches. I think I may get that one, just wish they came in other colors than the brown and black.

All in all - I like the Stylz Avantgarde more than the M-edge which says a lot since I really do like the M-edge. It's just so pretty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts