Kindle Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
DYB said:
That is true. But once the hardcore fans have all bought the book at the higher price the sales will decrease and the publisher will have to eventually lower the price if they want the less loyal fans to also purchase the book.
I agree but the e-book market will never be the same as something like gasoline where you might go to the station across the street with a lower price. You're not buying the same product.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
bordercollielady said:
I agree but the e-book market will never be the same as something like gasoline where you might go to the station across the street with a lower price. You're not buying the same product.
You can't go across the street for the same ebook, but you can often go to the library (you may have to settle for a paper copy there), and you can always wait until the price comes down instead of pouncing on a book as soon as it comes out. And you can do without. Two cozy mystery series I was following have priced their most recent releases high enough that I just dropped those series. I've gotten other books I think are overpriced from the library, and I've paid the freight for a couple of favorite authors I know I'll reread.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts