Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My self-pubbed memoir, The Man Who Left, is #26 on the NYT Bestseller list.  Ebook nonfiction. I cannot believe it. Just last week I posted here wondering how many sales it took to make the list.  I'm sure it helped that it was memoir, which doesn't have the competition of other genres. But so weird. Another one of my memoirs, The Orchard, was traditionally published and never hit any lists. So there ya go. I've been writing for 30 years. A few years ago I began self-pubbing my backlist. Had success with that, so in 2012 I self-pubbed two new books, the memoir and a romance.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Yay, Anne, that's amazing! Congrats! ;D

I've been dragging my heels on publishing a little memoir thingy because I thought it wasn't the kind of thing that sold. Shows you what I know!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Anne Frasier said:
My self-pubbed memoir, The Man Who Left, is #26 on the NYT Bestseller list. Ebook nonfiction. I cannot believe it. Just last week I posted here wondering how many sales it took to make the list. I'm sure it helped that it was memoir, which doesn't have the competition of other genres. But so weird. Another one of my memoirs, The Orchard, was traditionally published and never hit any lists. So there ya go. I've been writing for 30 years. A few years ago I began self-pubbing my backlist. Had success with that, so in 2012 I self-pubbed two new books, the memoir and a romance.
Very, very cool. Congratulations! I've been working on a Zen of roofing-memoir-bk for ages. I always think no one wants to read it, LOL, so I keep pushing it aside for other writing. So happy for you. So now you can tell me--how many sales to make the list? ;)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
An overnight success! Congrats. :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Many Congrats.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts