Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah, those three are often sold as a set. Many Waters is about the twins, and An Acceptable Time is about Meg and Calvin's oldest daughter. There are also a few other books with the O'Keefe family that don't involve time travel. She also wrote several books about the non-time-traveling Austin family. I've only read one or two of those, so I'm hoping they will eventually be available on the Kindle, too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I loved these books as a kid!  I definitely plan on purchasing these for my kiddos.  Thanks Marianner!

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I just bought the five of them. I have not read Many Waters or An Acceptable Time. Awesome.

A great way to break in the Feb. gift card. :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Oh! Wonderful! A Wrinkle in Time was one of my favorite books as a child.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes!  Thanks for posting about it.

This is one of those series I've been hoping to see in eBook format.

Now if they'd just do E.E. Doc Smith's Lensmen series in eBook format (only the first book is available that I can see.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The first two books have a single, 1-star review, saying the file meta-data is bad, and that it mis-alphabetizes the book in your Kindle directory. 

Can someone here verify that?  If it's true, I might wait to get these until it's fixed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ProfCrash said:
I just bought the five of them. I have not read Many Waters or An Acceptable Time. Awesome.

A great way to break in the Feb. gift card. :)
Many Waters was one of my favorites as a teen (as was A Wrinkle in Time, although I liked MW better). Hope you enjoy it.

I'll have to pick them all up for K2, MW and AWIT are the only two I've read thus far...

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Yea!!!  Thanks for this thread!  I have been wanting to read "A Wrinkle In Time" for years as I must've missed it when I was young.  It is one of my son's favorites....along with "The Phantom Tollbooth".....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts