Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I subscribed to Reader's Digest.  Understand I have a 14 day free trial.  I've not received a copy of the magazine to my Kindle and 4 days of the trial have gone by.  When do they deliver my first copy, day 13 of the trial offer????

John

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have you:

1) turned on Whispernet?
2) searched for new content?
3) checked you Kindle page on Amazon. com to determine the status of it?

I signed up for Newsweek and got the current issue as fast as I would any book. The next day I got the next weeks issue.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Go to your account and look for this:

See if the Reader's Digest is on the list, if it has a date and if it is pending delivery.

L

·
Registered
771 Posts
Since I am still new to the kindle world (have had him a month), I think that your question was valid. I had to learn how to find content on the "Manage Your Kindle" page without help from these wonderful people. Sometimes it was confusing!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Isn't Readers Digest a monthly? You should receive the most current issue, but one is all you're going to receive for free.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Maybe not. Depends on the timing of the issues published. I subscribed to Ellery Queen and immediately got last month's issue. Then I got the current month just a couple of days later when it came out. Same thing happened with Isaac Asimov's.

Ann
Teninx said:
Isn't Readers Digest a monthly? You should receive the most current issue, but one is all you're going to receive for free.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
WestPointer1968 said:
Thank you. I'll try to be a better "newbie" next time!
It was a good question, John! I'm so happy that I can post pictures to actually show people what to look for, rather than writing out a mountain of explanations which may not be clear!

L

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
The other thing is, don't worry too much if you go past your 14 days.  I subscribed to something, didn't like it, and wanted to cancel.  I think I was at something around 20 days.  I had gotten billed already for my first 'real' month.  When I cancelled, I got a credit back for the unused part of the subscription.  Now, if I decide to re-subscribe to that one, Amazon will know I've already used my 14 day trial and will charge me right away for a new subscription.

Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Good point, Ann. You can have only one trial subscription and they do keep track, so you can't trial, cancel, trial again thus getting it for free.

L

1 - 11 of 11 Posts