Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can transfer a magazine subscription from the paper version to the Kindle version? I subscribe to the New Yorker and wonder if I can switch the remaining issues to the K2.

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
I think you'd have to subscribe via Amazon for the Kindle and then Cancel your paper subscription on your own.

Ann

·
Registered
168 Posts
The New Yorker had a promotion recently to trying getting people to switch from hardcopy to their online version. Online version for the same price as the print edition (but you can search archive). Obviously, there weren't many takers. I would be interested in knowing whether they will refund the subscription if you switch to the Kindle version.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is just silly. at least give a price break or an extension on the subscription. Same price for printed vs. digital download is just ludicrous.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Just Wondering said:
The New Yorker had a promotion recently to trying getting people to switch from hardcopy to their online version. Online version for the same price as the print edition (but you can search archive). Obviously, there weren't many takers. I would be interested in knowing whether they will refund the subscription if you switch to the Kindle version.
That would be pure profit for them. :eek:

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Dedalus said:
Does anyone know if you can transfer a magazine subscription from the paper version to the Kindle version? I subscribe to the New Yorker and wonder if I can switch the remaining issues to the K2.
I think your best bet would be to contact the New Yorker subscription dept. and ask them.

On one of the Kindle Chronicles podcast, Len Edgerly was talking about a magazine subscription he had....paper and was switching to Kindle. For that particular magazine, they were two completely separate subscriptions and the money from the paper sub could not be applied to Kindle subscription. I think he got a refund for the time remaining on his paper sub which he cancelled.

I don't know if this is standard for all subscriptions or if different magazines handle it differently. Probably best to ask.

L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts