Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What magazines do you want to see on Kindle?

Cosmopolitan for me! [I know, non educational but still FUN!]

People

US Weekly

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I hadn't even thought about it...I should look to see what's available. I'd pop for Writer's Digest if it was available. I shall go look and see!

·
Super Moderator
67,319 Posts
BookMarks  for sure. . . . .

Ann

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Skeptical Inquirer
Mystery Scene

The others I want are already there: Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, Alfred Hitchcock's MM, Isaac Asimov’s mag, and Analog.

·
Registered
501 Posts
jmiked said:
Skeptical Inquirer
Mystery Scene

The others I want are already there: Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, Alfred Hitchcock's MM, Isaac Asimov's mag, and Analog.
I'll give a hearty second to your nominations, and a "thank you!" to alerting me about these others that are available! I hadn't thought to look for these yet!

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
r0b0d0c said:
I'll give a hearty second to your nominations, and a "thank you!" to alerting me about these others that are available! I hadn't thought to look for these yet!
I wouldn't recommend that you buy these from Amazon. They have DRM, can't be shared, and they are erased from your account after 6/7 months unless you actively tell them you want to keep it on your Kindle. I get them from Fictionwise. No DRM and they stay around for as long as you want them.

Mike

·
Registered
501 Posts
jmiked said:
I wouldn't recommend that you buy these from Amazon. They have DRM, can't be shared, and they are erased from your account after 6/7 months unless you actively tell them you want to keep it on your Kindle. I get them from Fictionwise. No DRM and they stay around for as long as you want them.

Mike
Thanks for the advice!

I'm the only Kindle owner on our account that would read these (at least for now!), so the "DRM/single Kindle" thing isn't problematic, and I'll just keep a copy on an SD card. How is the price at Fictionwise? If it's roughly the same, it's easier to just get the automatic d/l from Amazon, right? Does Fictionwise keep a copy online for future downloading?

Thanks, again, and I'll go check them out!

·
Registered
501 Posts
jmiked said:

Mike
Each of these four are $2.99/month from Amazon. From Fictionwise (withOUT the $30/year "BuyWise" membership): Analog = $32.97/yr., Asimov's Science Fiction = $32.97/yr., Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine = $29.97/yr., and Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine = $29.97/yr.

So I'd save $18/yr total, by getting these from Fictionwise. I've already downloaded the "trial subscription" from Amazon, so I guess I'll read through them and see if I want to keep a subscription from either, then decide if $3-6/yr for each title is worth the convenience of autodownloading.

·
Registered
599 Posts
People (though it wouldn't be as good in black and white or without being able to do the crossword)
Blender
Rolling Stone

I'd probably go for Cosmo, too  ;D

·
Registered
220 Posts
r0b0d0c said:
Each of these four are $2.99/month from Amazon. From Fictionwise (withOUT the $30/year "BuyWise" membership): Analog = $32.97/yr., Asimov's Science Fiction = $32.97/yr., Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine = $29.97/yr., and Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine = $29.97/yr.

So I'd save $18/yr total, by getting these from Fictionwise. I've already downloaded the "trial subscription" from Amazon, so I guess I'll read through them and see if I want to keep a subscription from either, then decide if $3-6/yr for each title is worth the convenience of autodownloading.
Yup, definitely agree. I used to get Asimovs and Analog at Amazon until I upgraded to the K2 and became disillusioned with their subscriptions policies. Now I subscribe via Fictionwise plus added Fantasy & Science Fiction which they have and Amazon doesn't!

Back to the main topic. I'd like to see these in eMagazine format: