Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reading and enjoying this book immensely. The character Anna is incredibly engaging and entertaining. This has got to be the best book I've read this year and perhaps in several years. HIGHLY recommended.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I'm going to have to keep a separate calendar for all the book klubs I want to join.  This one is definitely been scheduled ... in ink. 

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
LDB,

I had a copy of Gone For a Soldier on my computer, the computer crashed yesterday and is in the shop. Bummer.

So I haven't even begun to start reading GFAS since I got it. Everytime you post on it makes me want to read it that much more...but, I will have to wait until my computer is back up; this one I am on isn't mine to install things onto.

I can hardly wait to begin this book now - your enthusiasm is contagious.

Thanks for the high praises on a good read and giving me something to look forward to reading.

-sailor

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
YES a FIVE STAR BOOK

I read it and had difficulty putting it down to sleep (yes I know what is that when you hav a kindle  ???

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks for the link.  I just ordered it.

Have a question though.  Does the board still get credit when I've ordered it through a link placed in a thread?  Just wondering about that.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
KCFoggin said:
Thanks for the link. I just ordered it.

Have a question though. Does the board still get credit when I've ordered it through a link placed in a thread? Just wondering about that.
If it was made via the link maker here...yes.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Jeff said:
...and thank you, KC, as well as everyone else. Sailor's book is signed; all I need is a mailing address.

Happy New Year,

Jeff
Jeff, what does that mean- "Sailor's book is signed.."?

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
FearNot said:
Jeff, what does that mean- "Sailor's book is signed.."?
Last night Betsy announced a book club in April for Gone For a Soldier.

To urge people to read it now rather than waiting, I got clever and had a contest: The first KB member that could guess what historical figure that the Anna Van Buskirk character was based upon would get an autographed paperback.

Sailor got it within a couple of hours without even reading the book and Teresa (screen name tlshaw) got it soon after. Teresa gave me her mailing address but Sailor refused so I'm teasing her.

Now I have to come up with a more difficult contest to entice people to read the book now rather than waiting three months. I'm open to ideas and I'll pay for a good one with a paperback.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Jeff said:
Last night Betsy announced a book club in April for Gone For a Soldier.

Sailor got it within a couple of hours without even reading the book and Teresa (screen name tlshaw) got it soon after. Teresa gave me her mailing address but Sailor refused so I'm teasing her.
Jeff,

Teasing me when I wasn't here, and right in front of me?

So, now that I was so happy to find out I had won your book, I didn't think you would have to know my address. Okay, you do live in Texas so that is far away from California, you are married and you are a really old dude too, right? So, weighing out the pros and cons, I think I might be swayed to send you my address, only if you behave yourself. That means no Easter, Birthday or Christmas gifts with money in them - oh wait, that would be okay; but you must be on your Gentleman's Honor for getting my address. There are lots of [censored] out there and I don't want you to turn out to be one of them. ;D

Okay, now that I have quit teasing you, I will kindly thank you for the signed, autographed copy of your book <if you will still send it to me after the 'bad teasing'> I was thrilled and honored to have won it and for you to have written it means a lot because I really love how you write. Your style reminds me a bit of Mark Twain and he is my favorite. I will treasure your book always. Hey, speaking of treasure...How about a contest for The Treasure of La Malinche?

-sailor *click*

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am also reading Gone for a Soldier, and enjoying it greatly. It's so much fun to get lost in a good historical book.

An how do we get a signed copy???  lol j/k

·
Registered
261 Posts
I couldn't resist.........I just 1-clicked on this one.  It sounds so good.  Now all I need is notification that my Kindle is shipping.  I hope it's sooooooon.  All my books are sitting in limbo like little orphans.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Sherlock said:
I couldn't resist.........I just 1-clicked on this one. It sounds so good. Now all I need is notification that my Kindle is shipping. I hope it's sooooooon. All my books are sitting in limbo like little orphans.
They're no longer orphans, Sherlock..... you have kindly adopted them. Think of them as just being in transit from the orphanage to your loving home...... hopefully soon for you!! They are no longer sad.... they are excited to be finally getting a wonderful, new home so the remaining wait is well worth it.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Any time..... that's why it's so great here on KBs..... we enable support each other.... :D And.... this is a most excellent book and we're looking forward to Jeff leading the book klub for his creation!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
LDB said:
I am reading and enjoying this book immensely. The character Anna is incredibly engaging and entertaining. This has got to be the best book I've read this year and perhaps in several years. HIGHLY recommended.

Just wanted to bump this up. As I am still reading this and loving it. Due to work being kind of crazy, I haven't had a lot of time, but am about 2/3rds of the way through and enjoying every minute I get with it. If you enjoy historical's, you really should try this one!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Beth A said:
Just wanted to bump this up. As I am still reading this and loving it. Due to work being kind of crazy, I haven't had a lot of time, but am about 2/3rds of the way through and enjoying every minute I get with it. If you enjoy historical's, you really should try this one!
I'm waiting for the Book Klub. In the meantime, I'm reading Jeff's other book. The Treasure of La Malinche. When you finish Gone for a Soldier, you should read that one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts