Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MC asked me to fill out what looked like a header for the form, which I did. Then when I went to get the HTML code, all the form said was SUBSCRIBE with a box for the subscribers email address. I thought the header was supposed to be an explanation of why the form was on my website.

What did I do wrong?

Also, do I embed that same code at the end of the book or is there a different code or should I just provide a link to my website if they want to subscribe?

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' said:
MC asked me to fill out what looked like a header for the form, which I did. Then when I went to get the HTML code, all the form said was SUBSCRIBE with a box for the subscribers email address. I thought the header was supposed to be an explanation of why the form was on my website.

What did I do wrong?

Also, do I embed that same code at the end of the book or is there a different code or should I just provide a link to my website if they want to subscribe?
I use the Chimp as well. (see signature)

I embedded the code on a page on my own site. That way if ever I need/want to change mail services, I just have to embed the new form on that page.
All my old links will still "work."

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Ruth Harris said:
Will it cause any problems if you put the sign-up code on the header/first page of your blog?
Not to my knowledge. I work around this issue by having a link in the sidebar of my landing page to my "Newsletters" page.

If you're on WordPress, the Chimp has a widget for you: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mailchimp-widget/

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Andrew, that's very helpful. I like the way you have your siggy set up.

Next question. What happened to that nice disclaimer I wrote? And how did I end up with just one box instead of the four I started out with?

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' said:
Thanks, Andrew, that's very helpful. I like the way you have your siggy set up.

Next question. What happened to that nice disclaimer I wrote? And how did I end up with just one box instead of the four I started out with?
Thanks for the compliment :D, but I'm afraid you lost me on the questions…

ETA:

Re Chimp: I hope you realize each and every mail you send will have your (physical) contact address on it, unless you supply e.g. a P.O. Box.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Andrew Ashling said:
Thanks for the compliment :D, but I'm afraid you lost me on the questions…

ETA:

Re Chimp: I hope you realize each and every mail you send will have your (physical) contact address on it, unless you supply e.g. a P.O. Box.
Yes, I took care of that, thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.