Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MC asked me to fill out what looked like a header for the form, which I did. Then when I went to get the HTML code, all the form said was SUBSCRIBE with a box for the subscribers email address. I thought the header was supposed to be an explanation of why the form was on my website.

What did I do wrong?

Also, do I embed that same code at the end of the book or is there a different code or should I just provide a link to my website if they want to subscribe?

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' said:
MC asked me to fill out what looked like a header for the form, which I did. Then when I went to get the HTML code, all the form said was SUBSCRIBE with a box for the subscribers email address. I thought the header was supposed to be an explanation of why the form was on my website.

What did I do wrong?

Also, do I embed that same code at the end of the book or is there a different code or should I just provide a link to my website if they want to subscribe?
I use the Chimp as well. (see signature)

I embedded the code on a page on my own site. That way if ever I need/want to change mail services, I just have to embed the new form on that page.
All my old links will still "work."

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Ruth Harris said:
Will it cause any problems if you put the sign-up code on the header/first page of your blog?
Not to my knowledge. I work around this issue by having a link in the sidebar of my landing page to my "Newsletters" page.

If you're on WordPress, the Chimp has a widget for you: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mailchimp-widget/

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Andrew, that's very helpful. I like the way you have your siggy set up.

Next question. What happened to that nice disclaimer I wrote? And how did I end up with just one box instead of the four I started out with?

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' said:
Thanks, Andrew, that's very helpful. I like the way you have your siggy set up.

Next question. What happened to that nice disclaimer I wrote? And how did I end up with just one box instead of the four I started out with?
Thanks for the compliment :D, but I'm afraid you lost me on the questions…

ETA:

Re Chimp: I hope you realize each and every mail you send will have your (physical) contact address on it, unless you supply e.g. a P.O. Box.

·
Registered
20,435 Posts
Andrew Ashling said:
Yes. Yes, you do. Or he will fling stuff at you. Filthy stuff.
hmm... i'm out of bananas, but i have some banana bread. maybe gertie should give that to the chimp, i don't want filthy stuff flung at her.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Andrew Ashling said:
Thanks for the compliment :D, but I'm afraid you lost me on the questions…

ETA:

Re Chimp: I hope you realize each and every mail you send will have your (physical) contact address on it, unless you supply e.g. a P.O. Box.
Yes, I took care of that, thanks.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tipsy telstar said:
hmm... i'm out of bananas, but i have some banana bread. maybe gertie should give that to the chimp, i don't want filthy stuff flung at her.
I think my Chimp wants filet mignon with scalloped potatoes and asparagus/hollandaise.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MeiLinMiranda said:
Re: back of the book

I put the URL to the sign up form at MC in the back along with the QR code.
Thanks, MeiLin. Still struggling with getting it up on my blog but at least it's on the website.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts