Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we've built a wee bit of a list, i was wondering... do people with large mailing lists split them up and send to segments over a series of days to spread the new release action out? I didn't try it this time around, but i'm thinking rather than having a HUGE one day spike, you could divide your list by three and craft it so you have increasing sales over three days. i.e. let's say you have 1000 people on your list:

Day 1: Send to first 200 people
Day 2: Send to next 300 people
Day 3: Send to final 500 people

This would all but guarantee increasing sales over three days, which Amazon's beloved algos might like.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
692 Posts
nico said:
Now that we've built a wee bit of a list, i was wondering... do people with large mailing lists split them up and send to segments over a series of days to spread the new release action out? I didn't try it this time around, but i'm thinking rather than having a HUGE one day spike, you could divide your list by three and craft it so you have increasing sales over three days. i.e. let's say you have 1000 people on your list:

Day 1: Send to first 200 people
Day 2: Send to next 300 people
Day 3: Send to final 500 people

This would all but guarantee increasing sales over three days, which Amazon's beloved algos might like.

Thoughts?
I did this with my last release. I don't have much of a mailing list size-wise, but sales spread over a period of days is always helpful. In my case, I think it allowed the book to gain some traction on the hot new releases in my main sub-cats that the previous one didn't.

G

·
There are two separate things

1) STacking. Getting MAX sales in a short time period.

2) INcresaing Sales Velocity. What Wayne Stinnett figured out. That if you increase number of books sold per hour steadily, then Amazon algorithms take it as a sign that book is hot.

With a list of your size, 1000, you might get 30 to 200 sales. With 50-80 being most realistic.

You can't really do the 'Increasing Sales Velocity' thing with that. Unless you stack it the day before a big promotion like ENT or BookSends.

So you have to do same day stacking. That'll at least give you a jump if done on 1 day. If you split it out across 3 days, the three individual jumps will be too small.

Once your list becomes 10-30 times bigger then doing day 1, day 2, day 3 would work quite nicely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts