Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of updating my website, and was considering implementing a mailing list so people can stay updated every time I make a new blog post. I noticed other author websites have mailing lists on them, but was wondering how practical they are? Do you usually get more spam accounts signing up than actual people? Is it an effective marketing tool to keep readers involved with your site? or do most people ignore mailing lists now? I just want to know if it's worth implementing something like that.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I am going to suggest that you do not send out emails every time you write a new blog post. I actively hate entities that do this sort of thing. There are companies I've vowed never to buy from again bc of the sheer volume of emails. People will get irritated or just start to ignore you. Save it for when it matters, like when you're releasing a new book.

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
I'd just use your mailing list to send out a newsletter once every month or two, informing your readers of new releases, giveaways, etc. That way they hear from you often enough to remember who you are but not enough to get sick of the emails and unsubscribe.  :p

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
If you're talking about a mailing list just for people who want to receive an email every time you make a blog post - Feedburner (by Google) includes an email subscription service. That's probably your easiest option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts