Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm often asked to supply a bio and would like to make my book titles into links instead of providing separate links. How does one do this? (I know it's probably a dumb newbie-type question, but I've been too embarrassed to ask  :-[)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
What is the context?  You would do this differently depending on whether it is on a blog post, in an e-mail, or in a word .doc.  

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mashadutoit said:
What is the context? You would do this differently depending on whether it is on a blog post, in an e-mail, or in a word .doc.
Thanks

The bio is in a Word.doc, but I could add the link when I send the email. I assumed that when I sent the bio to a blog that the blogger would change the title to a link, but this hasn't happened, and it's so much easier for people to click on the title.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
To create a neat hyperlink in a Word .doc, do this.

--Type the book's title, and select it.
--Right click and choose "Hyperlink" from the menu that appears.
--a dialogue box will open. Make sure that "Existing File or Web Page" is selected from the list on the left.
--Paste the complete URL you wish the word to link to, including "http://" into the "Address" field near the bottom of the box.
--Click "OK"

Done!

Most email programs have a little "link" button that you can click after selecting the text you wish to change into a link. It usually looks like a little chain, or a small picture of a globe. Then you paste the URL into the dialogue box that opens.

Does that help?

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mashadutoit said:
To create a neat hyperlink in a Word .doc, do this.

--Type the book's title, and select it.
--Right click and choose "Hyperlink" from the menu that appears.
--a dialogue box will open. Make sure that "Existing File or Web Page" is selected from the list on the left.
--Paste the complete URL you wish the word to link to, including "http://" into the "Address" field near the bottom of the box.
--Click "OK"

Done!

Most email programs have a little "link" button that you can click after selecting the text you wish to change into a link. It usually looks like a little chain, or a small picture of a globe. Then you paste the URL into the dialogue box that opens.

Does that help?
Thanks so much :-* :-* :-* Can't believe how easy it is - when you know how. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts