Kindle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this email today:

I would love to read your books. However they are not available to those of us who use the National Library system talking book program.
There also is an app called BARD that makes the entire Library of Congress books available in audible format.
Do you know why your books are not available in this manner?

Does anyone know about this or have any info on how I could make my books available through a program like that?

Thanks,

Al

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Wouldn't that mean buying a barcode for every book and paying for copyright registration. I'm not sure many self-pulished authors could afford that, especially if they have many books. I think that's the only way to get into the library of Congress

That aside, I notice on sales pages for my books it says "screen reader activated" Don't know what that is, but I think it's more to do with audio instructions how to use the device for people with impaired sight, not the blind for them to have audio.

Maybe others will know if there are kindle devices that can do text to speech in the same way that it can be done in a Word doc?

Edited. Found this - The Kindle iPad app doesn't have text-to-speech built in, but you can use the iPad's own Speak Screen feature as a replacement. Once you enable Speak Screen on your iPad, you just need to open a Kindle book and then swipe downward with two fingers to have the book read aloud.

Of course that would mean them buying the ebook unless it was free, or subscribing to kindle unlimited

That should at least be able you to give him an answer..

https://www.businessinsider.com/does-kindle-ipad-app-have-text-to-speech

1 - 2 of 2 Posts