Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To everyone that said they loved my covers and that I should just make my own, THANK YOU!!
I've been having a beast of a time getting responses from designers on fiver for my short story covers.
My mai. Problem is that I don't have a computer I have a kick ass asus tablet, but I kabe never seen a proper photo editing app. But I FOUND ONE! *happy daaaaaance!* I can make my covers in my cool phone app and then just resize them in my tablet app and it takes like, 2 seconds!

So I will be buying credits for stock photos and just doing it myself. This saves me the headache of waiting for someone else's schedule. Thank you thank you thank you!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I can actually format and typeset my books on my tablet too! It's so freakin amazing! I have one app that I love for writing and editing my books in. And then I use the Open Office app on my tablet for typesetting, as its the entire Open Office desktop, fully functioning.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
metwo said:
I'm not sure about a tablet, but I'm on a Chromebook, and I use Canva.com to make covers. I think that might work for you, too.
Thanks. I've actually got everything set up now. I'm super excited! But I will check out Canva.com and see what that is like as well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Stephanie Marks said:
Thanks. I've actually got everything set up now. I'm super excited! But I will check out Canva.com and see what that is like as well.
Canva is awesome - and it has an app for the iPad which is really easy to use.

I assume it has apps for other operating systems too...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Stephanie Marks said:
To everyone that said they loved my covers and that I should just make my own, THANK YOU!!
I've been having a beast of a time getting responses from designers on fiver for my short story covers.
My mai. Problem is that I don't have a computer I have a kick ass asus tablet, but I kabe never seen a proper photo editing app. But I FOUND ONE! *happy daaaaaance!* I can make my covers in my cool phone app and then just resize them in my tablet app and it takes like, 2 seconds!

So I will be buying credits for stock photos and just doing it myself. This saves me the headache of waiting for someone else's schedule. Thank you thank you thank you!
Hi can you share what app you found?
I'm interested as I use a Lenovo tablet love it! use it for my rough drafts and edits but final edits and formatting are done on a laptop, might follow your lead about open office thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
marie trace said:
Hi can you share what app you found?
I'm interested as I use a Lenovo tablet love it! use it for my rough drafts and edits but final edits and formatting are done on a laptop, might follow your lead about open office thanks for the tip.
No problem.
The app is the "Image Editor" that's its whole name. You will know it's the right one of it has millions of downloads and the first pick is a 20 minute super boring video of a guy showing us him using it, lol.

Keep in mind that I don't use this app for my entire cover. I use Moldiv on my phone first just because I really like it. And then I use the image editor for scaling the cover to 1600x2500. I'm trying to learn other things in there. I also downloaded the Gimp android app but it's completely buggered for me.

My covers are also really clean and simple, which is how I like them so that's ok. But I don't know how well this app would be for blending and getting crazy. It doesn't seem that great for it but that could just be my design ignorance.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Amazing stuff, Stephanie.  ;)
Can you post your covers when you're done?
Like to see how they turned out.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kirkee said:
Amazing stuff, Stephanie. ;)
Can you post your covers when you're done?
Like to see how they turned out.
Sure I'll see what I can do. I hate that this forum makes you host your image somewhere in order to be able to place it in a post, otherwise I would just pop them in from my phone. I'll get them posted when I have a free moment

1 - 11 of 11 Posts